Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Case 130
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I recently aquired this Case 130 that I've been after for years. I did a full strip down and repaint while correcting the numerous "repairs" that had been done over the decades. The original K241 was swapped with a K301 at some point (fine by me honestly) and it somehow runs fantastic with a cheap chinese carb swap even after 20+ years with no air cleaner even being stored outside. I will be in the market to either buy or build a front blade for it and in the future will also add a custom 3 point and front end loader. Looking forward to the knowledge and advice you guys can offer.
Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle
Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Road surface

Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,689 Posts
Jason welcome to the CCI forum. IMO you did a terrific job in the restore. From the original pic on the trailer to the finished product is amazing. Like Lionel said that's work to be proud of!
Keep the ✌
Harry

·
Administrator
2,934 Posts
Nice looking 130!

-----

Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthread.php/89291-How-to-add-location-to-your-profile

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

·
Registered
1977 Case 446
24 Posts
Hi all! I recently aquired this Case 130 that I've been after for years. I did a full strip down and repaint while correcting the numerous "repairs" that had been done over the decades. The original K241 was swapped with a K301 at some point (fine by me honestly) and it somehow runs fantastic with a cheap chinese carb swap even after 20+ years with no air cleaner even being stored outside. I will be in the market to either buy or build a front blade for it and in the future will also add a custom 3 point and front end loader. Looking forward to the knowledge and advice you guys can offer. View attachment 127705 View attachment 127712
View attachment 127707
View attachment 127711
View attachment 127709
View attachment 127708
View attachment 127706
View attachment 127710
Hi Jason. Beautiful looking machine since you have redone it. I think it’s a little small to add a loader to it. That’s just my opinion for what it’s worth. The seasoned guys would know better. Have fun using it.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Beautiful work (y) As to the loader. It depends if you want a lightweight parde queen, or a working loader. A working loader will require full length frame stiffening or subframe, a super duty front axle with road worthy trailer stub axles and hubs welded to new heavy spindles, I won't even get started on the hydraulics ;)

If you are serious about a working loader you really want to follow this this guy 🤓

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
1965 Case 130
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful work (y) As to the loader. It depends if you want a lightweight parde queen, or a working loader. A working loader will require full length frame stiffening or subframe, a super duty front axle with road worthy trailer stub axles and hubs welded to new heavy spindles, I won't even get started on the hydraulics ;)

If you are serious about a working loader you really want to follow this this guy 🤓

Cheers,
Gordy
Yeah I'm planning on it being a more "to scale" loader I plan mainly to use for moving snow and light duty stuff. Just one of those projects I've always wanted to build. And while restoring the frame I did reinforce the frame rails with 2" x 1/2" plate front to rear and beefed up the gusseting at the rear. The spindles were missing so I have some hardened 3/4" spindles off a random newer machine that I reinforced and modified to work with the case steering. Hydraulics are going to be fun though thats for sure.

·
Registered
446 Demonstrator, several 130's etc.
19 Posts
Hi all! I recently aquired this Case 130 that I've been after for years. I did a full strip down and repaint while correcting the numerous "repairs" that had been done over the decades. The original K241 was swapped with a K301 at some point (fine by me honestly) and it somehow runs fantastic with a cheap chinese carb swap even after 20+ years with no air cleaner even being stored outside.
Pretty sharp Jason, I too have a few 130's and 2 CASE (Lambert built) 2 stage snow blowers for them.
About you mentioning the K301, assuming you did not tear it down and measure the bore it is very likely that is the correct engine. Back when these were built Kohler had a shortage of K241 blocks due to so many orders from a ton of different equipment builders. So it was quite common for the K301 block to be used but only bored to the K241 specs
STD. 3.251"
.010" 3.261"
.020" 3.271"
.030" 3.281"
The K301 is
STD. 3.375"
.010" 3.385"
.020" 3.395"
.030" 3.405"
My first 130 which dad bought new had a K301 block and one of the 2 I have has a K301 block with K241 bore originally
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1965 Case 130
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty sharp Jason, I too have a few 130's and 2 CASE (Lambert built) 2 stage snow blowers for them.
About you mentioning the K301, assuming you did not tear it down and measure the bore it is very likely that is the correct engine. Back when these were built Kohler had a shortage of K241 blocks due to so many orders from a ton of different equipment builders. So it was quite common for the K301 block to be used but only bored to the K241 specs
STD. 3.251"
.010" 3.261"
.020" 3.271"
.030" 3.281"
The K301 is
STD. 3.375"
.010" 3.385"
.020" 3.395"
.030" 3.405"
My first 130 which dad bought new had a K301 block and one of the 2 I have has a K301 block with K241 bore originally View attachment 127755
I only assumed it was a k301 because it still had the 12hp sticker on the engine cover so it is very possible that for some reason it had been swapped in the past. I never did think to measure the bore and I even had the head off for general cleaning and stuff. Btw you can send one of those snow thowers my way anytime!

·
Registered
446 Demonstrator, several 130's etc.
19 Posts
I only assumed it was a k301 because it still had the 12hp sticker on the engine cover so it is very possible that for some reason it had been swapped in the past. I never did think to measure the bore and I even had the head off for general cleaning and stuff. Btw you can send one of those snow thowers my way anytime!
The fan shrouds on these take a beating and often get destroyed due to the way the fuel tank mounts esp on high hour ones. (the one in the pic I posted had a crap load of hours but was otherwise original) So it is quite possible to have a 301 block that was bored only to 241 specs and have a 301 fan shroud replace the original 241.

As for the snow blower, uh nope! lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts