Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first of all I am really impressed with this website (I've already loaded several manuals to my phone). Because servicing an old tractor would be a challenge without some good help, this website was a big part of my confidence towards a recent down payment on a Case 644 tractor (which was advertised on this site). I've had a small 2-wheel tractor (BCS) with snowblower (and eventually a tiller, mower, generator, chipper/shredder, etc.) for a few years and I love that little bugger and even use it to grade my 500' steep driveway (though it's not easy). The BCS is built like the tractors of decades ago, made to last a lifetime, which is very unusual today... but of course it can only do so much. With all the heavy projects I'd like to do involving digging and hauling and after paying someone to do that several times, I figured it was time to hunker down and get a big boy (well a compact big boy) but without paying an arm and a leg. The Case 644 looks like the perfect fit, what a tank of a small tractor, love the hydraulic design. It looks like to me a tractor that can live indefinitely with the help from this site. I'm expecting the 644 will be able to handle at least 90% of projects... I hope after a year I won't be slobbering for a real big boy tractor.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Renaldo: Welcome to the site! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Another fellow New Yorker, anything I can ever help you with please let me know! :usa2: :usa2: :usa2: I'm right here on Long Island. We're glad you joined! Congratulations on the 644. A fine tractor! :usa: :usa: :usa: Your right on the money, with the help and the knowledge base on this site, members can be confident to solve any problems in connection with CCI tractors. Some housekeeping stuff for you. At the top of this forum is a "STICKY MESSAGE" with the title "How to get the best out of this site."

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4550

It is in your best interest to read that message prior to posting on the site for the following reasons.

1. We do things a little bit differently here and the message will explain how this forum works so that you will not run into problems navigating the site.

2. It points out features on the site that would otherwise take you months to realize are there. Knowing where to find those features, often keeps new members from asking unnecessary questions and instead, allows them to focus on obtaining more important information about their tractor.

3. One of our leaders is Hilda and she gets a little excited when people don't read that Sticky. Can you blame her? After all, she has spent countless hours working with the Team here to put this site together for the members and all she asks is a few minutes of your time to read a message. But relax. It's all in good fun and we usually have Hilda on a tight leash.

So.... please.... go and read the Sticky and then explore the site.
We look forward to talking with you on the site!

:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Welcome Renaldo.

You'll find this site very informative, friendly and it has a humorous edge of banter.
Good to have you here.
Remember no question is stupid (I've asked more than my share) and have always received well mannered answers.

:canada:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.