Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm the only Southerner that owns a Case mower (at least in Georgia) :rolleyes:. My story is my Dad bought a Case 220 sometime back in 82/83 new to keep our private air-strip on our farm mowed, it remains all original just as it left the factory except the seat has been replaced with a highback version. I've been on here for quite some time gaining knowledge and even ordered a few parts from Brian at Salem Equip. from time to time, nothing large just small piddly things. All considered with God knows how many hours it's been used it has held up very well, just regular servicing and regular small items replaced, belt's, bearings, ignition switch, blades, etc. etc. I recently had a hydraulic explosion ( no dribble) and now in the process of determining what/where it occurred. As for my abilities let me say I broke down an old Massey Ferguson tractor at the age of 14 that had sat down in the woods for years and rebuilt it. I'll end this intro now and get back latter with what I find, definitely already see I'll need some tech knowledge from y'all soon. Good day to all the members.

· Super Moderator
3,637 Posts
Welcome aboard Johnny Reb !! Great to have you here. Thank you for the great introduction and for keeping one of the classics running. Good luck with the problem you have. Sure makes a mess when it happens that way and hard to determine where it came from. Please post some pics when you're able to.

Enjoy the site
Capt Dan

· Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,715 Posts
Welcome Johnny Reb to the CCI forum. That was a great intro and added a little about yourself which is always nice. Oil everywhere on these GT’s can be a problem. You just have to dive in clean it up and give it a good looking over to see where it’s coming from. Good luck and looking forward to your next post. ✌Harry

· Administrator
2,956 Posts
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthread.php/89291-How-to-add-location-to-your-profile

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthread.php/89291-How-to-add-location-to-your-profile

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

I went to the link in your post but it said I didn't have permission to view the page or post anything, guess I'm totally lost ????

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I finally got back around to my 220 to check things out, not knowing really which hose busted and not able to access anything with my large hands and tools I decided it would be easier to just pull the engine and get it completely away from thee tank and lines (took a little over an hour to remove everything leaving the engine complete, including the exhaust system). It appears the line from the pump to the control vale was rubbing against the steering column but can't swear to that yet since I haven't disconnected any farther. I've decided I'm going to replace them all since I've gotten it broken down, no sense in not doing so. I hope everything goes back as easy as the disassembly went 😊. If anyone has any tips going forward please don't hesitate on posting them. My next step is making a list of what's needed and placing my parts order then while waiting I'll go ahead and pressure wash 40+ yrs of grease, dirt and grass away, which this time of year will be lots of fun 🙄.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rear drive area is already pretty clean and not worth the hassle of removing the tin in that area, the hood and cooler are already removed so that will be easy. My thinking now is cutting access panels on both sides of the tower much like the larger John Deer farm tractors of the 60's, 70, 80's which will make hydraulic repairs and other repairs a lot easier, that rear removable panel is almost a joke as far as gaining access. By cutting I'm not talking about "chopping holes" in the tower, I mean a neat job possibly using 2" flat bar as a backer support to keep things flush, piano hinges or quick push/turn locks similar to those used on airplane panels. Those so far are my plans but we know how plans can change don't we :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts