Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 1984 446 project should be done in a week or two depending on when I get the wiring harness I ordered. (back ordered big surprise :crazy: (that goes from the stator to the rectifier, has one 2 prong end and one 3 prong end.)
Anyone have any good advise on properly breaking in everything? Everything was fixed to be like new. This is the closest to a brand new Case 446 I think I've ever been on. It's nice to have everything tight, wired correctly and functioning properly as it did when new.
The engine has been completely gone through. I added a holding valve otherwise it's basically setup as it came in 1984 out the doors of the Case plant that was 12 miles from where it currently resides.
I'm also waiting on a new complete front clutch/pto assembly.
So... I was planning on breaking in the engine using Valvoline SAE30 oil and using it as I normally would minus idling it for to long. Work it some?
Thanks
Mike

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Mike: This might be a slightly different subject but I believe it's relevant and important. When I gun painted my 446 using reducer/hardener I was advised to wait a couple weeks before applying decals to let the paint fully gas off.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
Mike: This might be a slightly different subject but I believe it's relevant and important. When I gun painted my 446 using reducer/hardener I was advised to wait a couple weeks before applying decals to let the paint fully gas off.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
Good tip. Thanks. Mines been drying for about 8 months now. :lol: All the last minute back ordered engine parts ect... have been delaying the start-up and madden voyage. :thumbdown:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.