Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Wisc. New to this site and Case. I have 9 Sears ranging from a 72 with a 14 HP Briggs to an 83 with a 24 HP Onan. Was driving down the road one day minding my own buisiness when I spotted a 224 Case with a cab sitting by the road with a for sale sign on it. An hour later it was on my trailer headed for home. Got a blade, mower and snowcaster with it for $325.00. The idea was to sell it for a kwik profit. Kohler runs strong, trans. seems good. I think maybe I'll hang on to it for a while and see if it grows on me. I'll probobly need some expertise on these machines since this is my first and only Case. :trink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
ramdeesl said:
I think maybe I'll hang on to it for a while and see if it grows on me.
You bet it will, mine did! These machines perform great. :thumbsup:
Tip: change the oil in the HYD. system... it takes 20w-40 motor oil, 15w-40 or 20w-50 will work. My book says change the oil yearly, check your manual, or look it up in the tech section. This will greatly improve performance of drive and hyd. pto functions if they seem sluggish.

Rob

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Ram Diesel: Welcome to the site we're glad you joined and entered the world of CCI tractors! Congratulations on the Case 224! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The Case 224 is a fine tractor and well worth keeping in your collection. This is the best site for CCI tractors, more valuable info and help here than anywhere else. So please feel at home here, we have a great membership. Be sure to visit the comprehensive Technical Library and Tractor FAQs. There are also FAQs up top on utilizing the many features of the site. For pure reading pleasure, a must, please visit our History section on the Home Page. We look forward to talking with you on the site!
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
case680rob said:
ramdeesl said:
I think maybe I'll hang on to it for a while and see if it grows on me.
You bet it will, mine did! These machines perform great. :thumbsup:
Tip: change the oil in the HYD. system... it takes 20w-40 motor oil, 15w-40 or 20w-50 will work. My book says change the oil yearly, check your manual, or look it up in the tech section. This will greatly improve performance of drive and hyd. pto functions if they seem sluggish.

Rob
Funny you should mention that. The hdr. system currently has what looks like ATF in it. This tractor has had a rough life. PO cobbled instead of fixed.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I suggest that you spend some time in the Library here, reading in the FAQ's section. You will find many articles there which will put you on the fast-track in getting your tractor back in shape.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ramdeesl, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us.

Welcome from SW WI

Kinda did the same thing bought one to fix up and sell and made the mistake of driving it around,,, decided it was a keeper

·
Registered
9 Posts
welcome to the forum. like your user name. are you also on RamchargerCentral.com if so i may see you there as well. congrats on your case. it's a heck of a deal. the snow caster alone is worth more than you paid even if it needs work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.