Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the group, but not garden tractors. This is my first case however. Found it buried way back in an old machinery shed. This unit was sold brand new at a local case dealer in our town. Last nite I cleaned the
Points, replaced the coil and threw on a used carb and splashed a little gas in it and we detonation ! I was informed by the PO wife that the tractor was parked around 80-81. Very excited to see where this project leads!
Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood
Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,613 Posts
Welcome to the CCI forum Tfarver. Looks like a great tractor for a project. Good luck in your endeavors. Keep us posted on your project as it comes together.

Keep the Peace ✌
Harry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

After a couple long nights, she up and running. Runs well and hyd system works great. I gotta find a set of straight rib steer Tires yet. Does anyone have a bottom seat pad in good shape they would wanna sell ?

·
Administrator
8,362 Posts
Tfarver
WOW the PO must have been into mudding :poop:
That's a early 222 it has the old-style front mounting system :sneaky:
The kid's are having a blast, that's sure is cool watching them grow up with your Case 222 Tractor 👀
They will have some good memory's and maybe one of them will end up with that Case 😎
Enjoy your time here and thanks for posting your great photos 📸

bigman (y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone have a bottom seat pad in good shape they would wanna sell ?
My lady is very handy with a sewing machine for this sort of project so my thought after Bob's response of lack of used ones is to make one. As long as you have the original pieces as models and if there are any mounting pieces that need to be reused, the shapes look pretty simple. You can get foam and vinyl easily. Even if you can't get it done "in-house" you could probably find a canvas place or automotive upholstery place that could do it, although pricier.

Nice job bringing that one back to life!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My lady is very handy with a sewing machine for this sort of project so my thought after Bob's response of lack of used ones is to make one. As long as you have the original pieces as models and if there are any mounting pieces that need to be reused, the shapes look pretty simple. You can get foam and vinyl easily. Even if you can't get it done "in-house" you could probably find a canvas place or automotive upholstery place that could do it, although pricier.

Nice job bringing that one back to life!
Thank you for that! I’m currently trying to track down the vinyl. The main reason I wanna stay with the original seat pan is due to the original dealer sticker on it. He was a friend of my grandfathers and was our local case dealer as well as supplier of all other “shop and farm” supplies

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you for that! I’m currently trying to track down the vinyl. The main reason I wanna stay with the original seat pan is due to the original dealer sticker on it. He was a friend of my grandfathers and was our local case dealer as well as supplier of all other “shop and farm” supplies
Old dealer stickers are cool and especially since there is a personal connection. Thinking of what Dundee222 said about marine vinyl made me think about the foam. Try to use a dense foam as some types immediately flatten right down to nothing when you sit on them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Old dealer stickers are cool and especially since there is a personal connection. Thinking of what Dundee222 said about marine vinyl made me think about the foam. Try to use a dense foam as some types immediately flatten right down to nothing when you sit on them.
I agree on the old dealer stickers! I have 3 tractors that have them. I like to leave them on the machine and preserve them for character and history.

Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts