Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 1981 210 today. I only bought it because it had a really good muffler and bought it for less then what a good ebay muffler would have run me. Well....I started poking around when I got it home and found out its really in good mechanical condition. I pulled the fuel tank off and cleaned it, made a new fuel line, new plug, filed the points, swapped a carb I new was ready to go, and then preceded to drive her around. So are these 210s good little workers? Are the trannys pretty tough in them?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
They are excellent machines according to everyone who has owned one and commented on it in the forums. The only difference between a 210 and any other Case GT is the Peerless gear-type trans-axle. That trans-axle has given most owners stellar service but like anything mechanical, it can develop issues from long-time use and abuse. You can mow your lawn, push snow or dirt, blow snow or rototill your garden with it. Sorry about your dilemma on whether to leave the muffler on it or rob it. :sidelaugh: But this is what happens when you get into Case tractors.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It most certainly is a dilemma. I should have just gave the guy the $40 he wanted for the tractor then took the muffler and ran!!!
Now I have a 73 446, 85 224, 81 210, Cub 124 and a 39 Allis Chalmers WC

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I have come to really like the 210's, they are in my daily OPE eBay/CL search. They remind of the late 70's Murray GT's I am so fond of. Well, it reminds me of a late 70's Murray that hits the 'roids and spend 4 hours a day at the gym lol.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Congratulations Challenger 528, nice score!!!!!! Best of luck with it!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice collection you have BTW!!!!!!
:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

BushBoneYard said:
Well, it reminds me of a late 70's Murray that hits the 'roids and spend 4 hours a day at the gym lol.
Case tough BBY!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.