Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1993 Ingersoll 4016 B&S 16hp Vanguard
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been retired for a little over a year. My father-in-law's 4016 has been in my shed for 8 years, don't think he used it 4 or 5 years before that. So it has been sitting for 13 years or so. It was full of mice when I moved it from his garage to my shed. My shed is pretty tight so no new mice activity.

I pulled it out the other day, took it apart a little to dig/blowout the nests. I put a new battery in it, some fresh gas (tank was completely dry), squirted a little light weight oil in the cylinders, checked the oil and turned the key. A couple shots of WD-40 in the carb and it fired right up, I was truly amazed. It ran like a champ.

After letting it run a few minutes I tried to move it. Forward/Reverse lever was very stiff, could hear pump whining a little, then I noticed an hydraulic leak. Today if found the leak (pump to trans hose) and got that pulled off. Can get the hose made up locally, not sure about finding the hydraulic filter around here, I'm in the Buffalo NY area.

Where does everyone get there parts? I could use the gasket between carb and air cleaner and I'm sure I'll need other Case/Ingersoll parts in the future. Glad I found this group, looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone.

Thanks,
Bill

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,314 Posts
Welcome aboard. I hope you find the forum informative and entertaining.

We recommend the OEM oil filter, as it has some unique characteristics ...

Many forum members have found issues using after market filters for the hydraulics.

Brian
Salem Power Equipment

Plymouth, MI 48170

Case and Ingersoll Garden Tractors Parts

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the filter info, I just ordered one. I see a recommendation to use Shell Rotella 15W40 for the hydraulic oil, does that sound right?
I'm trying to get it going by September 10th. My Home town has a Lawn Mower Poker Run that day and I always wanted to participate. It's a local fund raiser for a family or person in need of assistance from medical situations mostly. It looks like a good time and a worth while cause.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
That’s a beautiful tractor. Does it have any attachments?

also if you plan on using the tractor in the winter you should look for a lighter weight oil. I run 15-40 conventional in my tractors and don’t have issues.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s a beautiful tractor. Does it have any attachments?

also if you plan on using the tractor in the winter you should look for a lighter weight oil. I run 15-40 conventional in my tractors and don’t have issues.
Thanks... Right now all I have is a mower deck, I'd like to pick up a snow blower and weights for it. As far as hydraulic oil, I read someplace Shell Rotella 15W40 is a good oil to use. Would this be correct?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,649 Posts
Welcome to the CCI forum WR. Nice looking GT you have there. I live near Lockport in Niagara County, so it's nice to see another WNY person on the site. I'm sure the dealers, manuals and informative members on the site can help you out.

Keep the Peace ✌
Harry

·
Administrator
2,912 Posts
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthread.php/89291-How-to-add-location-to-your-profile

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts