Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from just outside of Atlanta in Powder Springs, GA. The short story is, I've got a Case 222 with a K44 mowing deck.

...And now for the long rambling story...

A couple weeks ago I was mowing with my 1960's Snapper Comet and it just died. I can't get a spark on it, and after just trying cleaning and setting the points, and it still not getting a spark, I decided it was a sinking ship to put money into. It has a Tecumseh engine from the '60's and is just hard to find parts for. I'm currently rebuilding a Cub Cadet 123 as a fun project, but I can't finish it anytime soon, so I decided to start looking for another garden tractor. To my surprise, I found this Case for sale in Whitwell, TN for just $250. I did a little research, and it seemed for $250 a running 222 with a mowing deck was actually a pretty good price. Now, it doesn't run perfect, definitely starts hard and it seems like the fuel mixture screws need to be adjusted, but i plan on doing that in the next few days, so I'm sure you'll see a few posts from me in the other sections asking some really ignorant questions, haha.

Here is a pic with the headlights on:

Here is one from the other side:

Here is a little youtube video I made of it:

I erroneously call the deck an H44 int he video, but it is a K44 (not pictured).

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and maybe having the chance to help out once I start figuring some things out.

-Dusty

·
Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
Welcome from another Georgia Boy I live around Glennville Georgia 60 miles from coast line 60 miles to Okefenokee swamp 60 mile from Paula Deen. 3 Case tractors 446 448 646 1 Ingersoll 4016. You in right place for your tractor manuals parts book in tech section.

Have fun; gator

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Dusty: Welcome to the group, we're glad you joined!! :usa: :usa: :usa: Nice find on that 222! :thumbsup: Please feel at home on the site and be sure to check out the comprehensive Technical Library and FAQs. Look forward to talking on site!
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dusty,

Welcome from Lithia Springs, not too far from you.

I'm new here myself, having earlier this spring stumbled on an older (1972?) 442 in what turns out to be pretty darn good condition.

It's nice having someone local, perhaps we can help each other out along the way. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm interested in learning all that I can.

Bob

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Bob, we are quite close really, I actually grew up in Douglasville and graduated from Lithia Springs High School in 2000. I'm in Lithia quite often (couple times a week). Good to know someone is so close, I'm definitely up for helping each other out in the real world! :drinkbuddies:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.