Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the group. My father-in-law passed away this year & left
us a Case 446 with a snowblower,plow blade,EZ Rake setup & misc
other parts. It hasn't been used for over a year so I have to do some work on it to get it running better. I was suprised that the battery was
still strong enough to start it. I have to try to find a repair manual for
it before I get too far into it. Never had a tractor like this so it's Greek
to me. I may be looking for info on here now & then. Where would be
the best place to find a manual? Right now I'm going to check out the
site for a few days. Thanks for letting me join. :???:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining. There is a tech library here that the the most complete library online. Post the PIN number of the tractor and you will be steered in the right direction. Be sure to check out the FAQ section, it will answer a lot of your questions before you even know to ask them. :lol: Please be aware, we love to see pics here!

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Cal: Welcome to the site, we're glad your here! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The Case 446 is a fine tractor. Sounds like you have a nice setup there. Please feel at home here, we have a great membership. You came to the right place, here you will find the most the comprehensive Technical Library and Tractor FAQs anywhere. There are also FAQs up top on utilizing the many features of the site. For pure reading pleasure please visit our History section on the Home Page. Love to see pics of your tractor. Look forward to talking on site! :usa: :usa: :usa:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Thanks for joining, calc.

Just so you know, there is no such thing as a "repair manual" for your tractor. Instead, Case wrote individual manuals that cover various issues of the tractor such as steering, electrical, trans-axle, clutch and numerous hydraulic issues. What you need first and foremost is the Operator's Manual because there is a lot of good reading in that book. The key is the serial number of your tractor along with the model number. You will find both on a metal plate that is riveted to the dash tower opposite your right knee when you are sitting on it. Those two items will direct you to the correct OP Manual and Parts Manual for your tractor. You should spend some time reading in the FAQ's section because a lot of your questions will be answered there.

If you are encountering a problem, then post in the appropriate forum and we will help you resolve the issue. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the welcoming. I'm sure as I get into this tractor this winter I'll have some ?? I've already learned a lot just in the welcome messages. I'll get the #s off the tractor & look up the manuals. Thanks again Cal :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.