Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made a few posts, but haven't introduced myself. My real life nickname is frag, and I've had that since my Army days. I'm from Michigan, waiting on a decent snow storm.

I'm not exactly sure what I have in terms of model year, but the tractor is a Case 444 short wheel base. I bought it last summer for in the Flint area, which I think is a decent comparable sale for the location. Last July, I spent another buck and a half and picked up a snowcaster, case weights and 4 link chains.

OK here it is..

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I'm not entirely sure as to what you have either. Once thing for certain, it has been repainted. It might be a 1976 Sunset tractor that has been updated with Power Red paint or it might be a late 1978. Post the serial number and perhaps we can narrow it down.

In the meantime, welcome to the group. :thumbsup: :trink:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
If you are sitting on the tractor, there should be a rectangular metal ID tag riveted to the dash tower just at knee level. If it is gone.... the two rivet holes should still be there.

Do you have a start/gen unit sticking out the left side of the engine or do you have a true starter motor mounted tight to the engine block?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SN is 9677449.

It has the generator/starter hanging on the side. I need to do something about the stack. I don't care for that too much and it doesn't do much for a loud one cylinder engine.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Welcome to the site Frag, we're glad you're here! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Please feel at home here, we have a great membership. Be sure to visit the comprehensive Technical Library and Tractor FAQs. There are also FAQs up top on utilizing the many features of the site. For pure reading pleasure, a must, please visit our History section on the Home Page. Look forward to talking on site! :usa: :usa: :usa: Happy Holidays! :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.