Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the seals on the hydraulic motor, put new fluid in, and now she won't move. She isn't in neutral- I can't even push her. She just straight up will not move. Sleeve hitch won't change elevation either.

I am less than impressed with my abilities right now, I am guessing I screwed the motor up putting it back together. I am not one with hydraulics, and there is no nearbye dealer- would anyone be willing to come pay me a visit? I'll buy lunch and reimburse you for your time. I work nights and just moved into a new house- I don't have time to dive head first into hydraulics 101. I love my machine, but ugh...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
So you have the selector in the neutral position but the axle is locked up? If that is the case -and based on your previous posts - I'd take a look down inside the transaxle. Sounds like it has some issues.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rockdog said:
So you have the selector in the neutral position but the axle is locked up? If that is the case -and based on your previous posts - I'd take a look down inside the transaxle. Sounds like it has some issues.
It was fine before I pulled the hydraulic motor...

I feel so stressed and aggrivated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ok, take a deep breath.

Assuming that you put oil in the tank there are two things that come to mind that could cause this; 1. The lovejoy coupler. If one of the keys slipped out, the coupler half can just spin on the shaft. 2. Is it possible that you put the pump in upside down? This would reverse the in and out ports.

Hopefully, some with more experience will chime in soon.

ByCo

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
This shouldn't be difficult to troubleshoot but you have to do it in a methodical way. Eliminate possible causes one by one and you find find the problem.

1. Is there adequate oil in the system?

2. Is the pump turning when the engine is running, i.e. make sure the pump shaft is not slipping inside the lovejoy and that the shaft has not been broken off.

3. Is the travel control lever properly connected to the travel control rod?

4. When moving the travel lever does the travel spool move the full range forward and reverse?

5. Is the relief valve set correctly?

If the answers above are all yes then the problem must be in the motor unless you see oil spraying all over the place.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
In previous thread you'd mentioned the thing 'literally jumped or hopped around' or something to that effect. That doesnt sound fine to me. I assume you checked the things Bart mentioned already. If you cant push the thing because the axles wont turn then either the motor is locked up and you have the speed selector in high or low or you have it in the 'neutral' position and somethings is amiss...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rockdog said:
In previous thread you'd mentioned the thing 'literally jumped or hopped around' or something to that effect. That doesnt sound fine to me. I assume you checked the things Bart mentioned already. If you cant push the thing because the axles wont turn then either the motor is locked up and you have the speed selector in high or low or you have it in the 'neutral' position and somethings is amiss...
I believe the jumping was attributed to the leaky motor seal and the inability to build up proper hydraulic pressure, I could still toss it in neutral and push it around.

My wife told me to just get the damn thing fixed, and as much as I hate to agree with her I am too busy to give the tractor my full attention. So per her suggestion- $100 and a meal to whoever can come give me a hand. Bill.H can attest I am not that creepy and am good on my word.

If that doesn't work, can anyone reccomend a shop in Maine with experience in these machines?

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
Where in Maine are you again? I might know someone...

The fact that it doesn't move in neutral tells me there is something inside your rear differential but the fact that the lift doesn't work either might even suggest you have more than 1 problem.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
oefveteran said:
My wife told me to just get the damn thing fixed, and as much as I hate to agree with her I am too busy to give the tractor my full attention. So per her suggestion- $100 and a meal to whoever can come give me a hand. Bill.H can attest I am not that creepy and am good on my word.
Your wife is obviously a wise woman but I'd have to know the specific menu and what kind of adult beverages would be served before I could justify the 1,300 mile trip. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
oefveteran said:
Bill.H can attest I am not that creepy and am good on my word.
Ryan is not that creepy and is good on his word. :thumbsup:
Snotrocket said:
He's in Monmouth.
I'd take a ride, but looking at the inside of a hydraulic motor is something I've never done :sad:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Bill.H said:
oefveteran said:
Snotrocket said:
He's in Monmouth.
I'd take a ride, but looking at the inside of a hydraulic motor is something I've never done :sad:
Just a thought ... are you sure it's in neutral? By any chance did you remove the lever for that while you were pulling the motor?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bart said:
oefveteran said:
Your wife is obviously a wise woman but I'd have to know the specific menu and what kind of adult beverages would be served before I could justify the 1,300 mile trip. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Hahaha, she is a lovely woman. How about this- you ever justify a 1,300 mile trip and I'll let you pick the menu and beverages!

Yeah, I'm in Monmouth. I just arrived at work in Lewiston, and it is snowing, I kid you not.

I need this machine fixed lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill.H said:
[quote="Bill.H":8z1d5gkg]
oefveteran said:
Snotrocket said:
He's in Monmouth.
Just a thought ... are you sure it's in neutral? By any chance did you remove the lever for that while you were pulling the motor?[/quote:8z1d5gkg]

I removed the handle, I thought I had it back together properly- ugh.

I have no idea, I need to catch up on sleep, but that isn't happening- after work I haveto stay awake to prepare for a sleep lab at Togus.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Did you drop the rear diff from the tractor for this work, or just pull the hydraulic motor out from the side? I do not mean to sound smart, but if the rear end was not dropped your problem is most likely in the rear end.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Snotrocket said:
You could try pm'ing nutcase446. He's forgotten more about these tractors than I know. He would be your best bet for someone to come look at it in my opinion.
I will have to do that.

I haven't even had the chance to look at the tractor since posting this thread. My wife has had other ideas for.how I spend my time, such as unpacking more boxes and cleaning everything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.