Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up the other day. Seems to work great, just wish it was hydraulic lift. Serial # is 9667381.
DSCN5572.JPG

I'm learning all I can about it. Welcome any comments.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,281 Posts
Hello Kenny,

Welcome to the CCI group!

Interesting tractor that you have here, it's a 1973 production tractor, the first year for the 224. The interesting part is that the 224 was never offered with a manual attachment lift, hydraulic lift was standard. Not sure without more information if it was a 220 or 222 model which someone repowered to 14hp and re-decaled or if the hood was replaced at some time? The ID tag on the dash tower will be stamped with the model number, I would be curious to know what it says. Also if you could take a look at the id tag on the Kohler engine, if it's a 14hp as a 224 would have be supplied with the model number will be K321. (32 c.i.).

You're going to love this site, lots of friendly members here with tons of knowledge as well as several dealers who can supply OEM replacement parts and provide technical support.

Glad you are here,

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Hello Kenny, and welcome to the group (y)

In the upper right corner are dots with lines behind them. Click on that and scroll down to the "Technical Library". With the PIN# from your tractor you will find the manuals for your tractor.

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Administrator
2,729 Posts
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> How to add location to your profile.

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

Reactions: KennyP

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
KP
Happy you found our site
Yep that arm strong lift can be a workout
I'll bet one of our dealers here can find you a used hyd lift
The main thing is you have a tractor capable of year round work
you can do the work on it yourself and find the parts you need here

bigman

·
Super Moderator
3,514 Posts
Welcome aboard KP !!! Great to have you here. Congratulations on your new tractor.

Enjoy the site
Capt Dan

·
Site sponsor, Parts Dealer
3,031 Posts
Hello & Welcome Kenny, Congrats on Your Case 224!! We are glad to have you here with us & hope you enjoy this site, We are all here to help, We are know as the parts guys & Happy to help anytime, Take Care From Bill, Braxton & Charlie at Barneveld Imp. 608-924-1662, (The Parts Guys) www.barneveldimp.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Kenny,

Welcome to the CCI group!

Interesting tractor that you have here, it's a 1973 production tractor, the first year for the 224. The interesting part is that the 224 was never offered with a manual attachment lift, hydraulic lift was standard. Not sure without more information if it was a 220 or 222 model which someone repowered to 14hp and re-decaled or if the hood was replaced at some time? The ID tag on the dash tower will be stamped with the model number, I would be curious to know what it says. Also if you could take a look at the id tag on the Kohler engine, if it's a 14hp as a 224 would have be supplied with the model number will be K321. (32 c.i.).

You're going to love this site, lots of friendly members here with tons of knowledge as well as several dealers who can supply OEM replacement parts and provide technical support.

Glad you are here,

Bob
The tag does say 224 and it is a K321 with SG. I can supply more pics in a few days. I have been snooping around and found some good files to download. Would like to build a 3-point lift for it, found the plans for that. Mainly going to need the 2-spool valve
underneath.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Interesting as serial # does not really match the year , kind of like it earlier 72 222 with late parts
Case 22296575919675012
Case 224-9667632
LOL The 224 parts manual shows a manual lift. Good luck with your tractor and welcome aboard...........Curt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting as serial # does not really match the year , kind of like it earlier 72 222 with late parts
Case 22296575919675012
Case 224-9667632

LOL The 224 parts manual shows a manual lift. Good luck with your tractor and welcome aboard...........Curt
I haven't a clue, but I'm learning. Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,281 Posts
Case 22296575919675012
Case 224-9667632

The 1973 224 parts book shows a manual lift because the 220 and 222 are included in the same manual, they were available with manual lift.

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I checked the engine serial and it was built in '72 so it most likely the original engine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts