Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i've decided to just break down and machine a TCV to accept a PB Sleeve. Brian says the sleeves arent available directly from 'factory' and provided a lead. That lead couldnt help but gave a couple more that I am waiting to hear back on...

Does anybody have a factory BP Sleeve that we could get some dimensions from in order to determine a workable replacement in the case I cant get my hands on a direct replacement?

Apparently these are 7/8-14 threads at least?

· Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
http://www.markhydraulicomaha.com/

Mark Hydraulic Co., Inc.
4771 "G" Street
Omaha, NE 68117-1493
(402) 734-6734
(402) 734-0227 (Fax)
1-800-642-9527 (WATS)

In pass they have provided power beyond sleeves they been in hydraulic business since 1959.

I'm into winter maintenance will be pulling out power beyond sleeve 646-78 to renew inter o'ring I could move that job up to tomorrow if don't get info sooner.

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, four companies later I ended up with a print of the sleeve and the only one they had in stock getting shipped. I'll work out the dimensions tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks for looking Gator. I have no idea if a PB Sleeve is an industry standard design type of part but I dont think they are necessarily?????

· Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
drills, countersink, spotface and tap

page S34 Then click blue lettering (Appendix) at bottom page.
http://www.parker.com/literature/Tube%2 ... ipment.pdf

Look like you be center up on outside valve flat and drill 3/4 hole through outside and space then one more wall finished.

Page E13 example of to walls not same valve as you have.
http://www.parker.com/literature/Hydrau ... atalogs/Ca

The power beyond sleeve sticks into valve 1 1/4 inch there some drilling pass that get through second wall not much.

Remember am not machinist.

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. If you search for "sae -10 port dimensions" you'll find the actaul SAE J-1926-1 port dimensions on the net. I've costed carbide port tools and they're in the $300 to $400 range. Not sure about HSS ones but I doubt that would be economically feasible for a backyard one-off project. The only difficult part is the outer o-ring area with its double angle. I plan to dig into it a bit and come with with a workable single 45 degree that will yield good compression and use an anearobic on the threads (at work we use a loctite brand sealant that dissolves with Simple Green).

The inner portion will take some more digging. Not sure what size o-ring it is but the bore for it should be right around .750". The O.D. of the sleeve in that area is .748"/.746" which wouldnt seem like very much compression. If you know for sure (you know the o-ring size for similar sleeves?) it is .750" let me know. this needs to be countersunk as well (hopefully can find a 30 degree one but may have to use 45 degree - with plenty of silicone grease when installing). The sleeve is drilled thru 0.438" so I'll punch thru initially close to that.

The idea is to be able to get drills and whatnot at a horror freight type of place and make it work. And provide the dimensions used (not just the port but the inner portion as well).

Couldnt get into second link listed. Looks like must have access from Parker to get in.

· Registered
94 Posts
Hydriv said:
normand1965 said:
I looked for Ideas on the net for Power beyond designs, I found this. Anythoughts?

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
I have no idea what that is ...for sure... but it isn't for hydraulics. I would guess that it is for fuel or some other low pressure application.
:facepalm: I don't know what I was thinking, I found it out of a J.D. tractor site. My Fault.

Please remove if this is not what the Original Poster was looking for.

:???: :???: :???:

· Banned
12,618 Posts
I don't worry too much about what the original poster was looking for. Rockdog is fully capable of sifting through all responses. I appreciate the fact that you went searching and then posted on the issue. Please don't stop doing that.

Now ....perhaps I am wrong about it not being hydraulic because I see all those other banjo style fittings in your photo. However, the first one shown must either be for a low pressure return OR.... it is just a universal fitting that can have high pressure tubing brazed or silver-soldered to it. Here's another thing for you to consider. JD garden tractors use hydrostatic pumps that contain a charge pump and the relief setting on the charge pump rarely exceeds 1000 PSI. In comparison. pressures in Case branded equipment can be as high as 2800 PSI, almost three times as much.

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks Gator. The Manuals Section shows a cross section of the loader valve with PB in the flow diagrams ("How it works" or something like that). What I'm looking for at this point is the final diameter of the bore for the inner o-ring (wont be hard to get ahold of) and figuring out the size of a 45 degree chamfer that will yield good compression for the larger one.

I dont think a banjo bolt would work here and if you look at the manual referred to above you'll see why. But you're on the right track. Something like that would probably work if the valve passages were large enough though.

I believe the sleeve I have on the way is still a production piece. Once we have the complete port dimensions for that I dont think there's a better or cheaper alternative.

Now, I will also speak to a local machine shop about getting this done by them (with actual SAE -10 port dimensions) and compare the $$ between doing it myself with 'readily and economically' available tools.

· Banned
189 Posts
R D, Ive considered converting the standard TCV to a PB TCV, (IF) the numbers lined up, I would support the tooling. Because it would be a low cost option to supply my power angle blade PKG.
Iam still lookin at a 11.5 gpm pump w/adjustable priority valve option for 1 of my personal tractors.
Eric, aka Burnt Orange

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Darned close Gator -

The o-ring on the actual sleeve is 0.614 ID X 0.070 section diameter. I think the specs you posted are for SAE -8 or -6? The one on this sleeve is a regular ORFS spec. (why the difference who knows). Bore for this smaller inner o-ring is 0.755"/0.753". Hmmm, wonder if I could drill a hole on a cheap drill press to whithin that? And dont have bore gage to check it anyway.

The more I think about this I'm quite certain a 45 degree chamfer at the larger end will work fine. The pressure at this joint is only the return-to-tank pressure when the travel or lift circuit reliefs are cracked. the pressure at the smaller (inner) o-ring will only reach what the lift circuit relief is set at (575psi +/-?).

Got a contact for HSS port tool and need to verify the cost of same, drill bit (of actual 0.755"/0.753" vs. ).750"), and chamfering tool (60 degree included angle for lead-in of inner o-ring bore).

I hope to draw up the port dimensions and post them, along with the sleeve info (dimensions and source), tonight. Had a truck do a hit and run on my utility pole last night so I was out of power all last night.

· Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
I have not posted anything about o'ring Boss, but keep eyes open on me will do so now for number # 10 = 5/8 reference to U section Parker link.

All straight pipe threads are united fine threads used on o'ring Boss fitting number # 10 done with 7/8 fine thread tape 14 threads per inch Drill bit to match this tape

U26 page in chart Z refers to 15 degree for all no.8 through no. 32

http://www.goodyearrubberproducts.com/f ... age477.pdf

· Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
chamfering tool (60 degree included angle for lead-in of inner o-ring bore).

I've never saw lead-in for inner o'ring on power beyond sleeve grease up good I'm going to use vegetable oil (Wesson) as petroleum swell o'rings.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.