Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I tighten the oil fill tube on a b43m Onan? :headscratcher: Mine is loose and leaks oil out, not bad but it makes it messy.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bart said:
Mjoe7 said:
How do I tighten the oil fill tube on a b43m Onan? :headscratcher: Mine is loose and leaks oil out, not bad but it makes it messy.
I had a loose tube that pulled out entirely. I cleaned the surfaces carefully, applied a thin coat of JB Weld and put it back together. Haven't had a problem since.
Yeah. mine pulls right out to. I put a O-ring around the base and that helps keep the oil in better for now, but still not the proper fix. The J-B Weld idea did come to mind. I'm just wondering how the Onan Manufacturer did it.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bart said:
Mjoe7 said:
Yeah. mine pulls right out to. I put a O-ring around the base and that helps keep the oil in better for now, but still not the proper fix. The J-B Weld idea did come to mind. I'm just wondering how the Onan Manufacturer did it.
Thanks for the reply.
I believe they were press fitted so when they become loose you need to use something to tighten it up again. The Linamar engines have oil tubes that just slide in with an o ring and are held in with a bracket bolted to the block.
It looks like JB-Weld will be the fix. Thanks for the help everyone. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.