Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a '89 4020 with the Onan 20hp motor. We went to change the oil last night, had NAPA look up the oil filter, but it was way too short... Does anyone have a part # for a NAPA oil filter for this motor?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
MN99GT said:
Just got a '89 4020 with the Onan 20hp motor. We went to change the oil last night, had NAPA look up the oil filter, but it was way too short... Does anyone have a part # for a NAPA oil filter for this motor?

Thanks!
Mike
Napa Gold # 1762 ? Most manufacturers have a short & long version of this filter. I suppose it depends on what brand of tractor the Onan was installed in. The shorty will work, just not as easy to install or remove

·
Administrator
3,415 Posts
For years I have used Motorcraft FL400S filters on my P series Onans. $3.99 at Walmart and many auto parts stores. I like the white painted filter as I can mark the engine hours and date on it with a magic marker. There is a rubber seal that fits over the oil filter after it is installed. Some folk throw the seal away, but I prefer to use is as Onan intended, it helps to reduce the leakage of engine cooling air around the oil filter.
Bob MacGregor in CT :mrgreen: :mowlawn:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.