Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sudden appearance of oil leak where the bottom of battery is oil soaked and drips down from there. I saw elsewhere that the battery can vibrate and wear through tank but not much for details and repairs. I could not see any obviovous holes. Assuming J hose leak would not migrate upwards! Could throttle cables have a burr and cut the front of tank? Clean well and apply low pressure at cap (1-2 PSI)? Thanks for any recommendations. Greg

·
Registered
317 Posts
I found the same issue with mine after replacing the fluid. I noticed that oil was coming down from the cap. I assume that I overfilled the tank and internal pressure was pushing the oil out the overflow hole in the cap. I removed some of the oil in the tank and I'm watching to see if that had made a difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortuantely, mine is down 5 inches, almost to the level where the battery sits. Hoping I can find the hole in a spot that I can patch it. (heat weld or find an adhisive that will bond to polyethylene) I know this would require tank removal (YUCH!), but wondering if anybody has tried solvent flushing the tank clean, then using a gas tank sealer to recoat the inside?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I was the one that mentioned the vibrating battery wearing a hole in the tank post. I did not fix mine, I just happened to have an extra tank lying around so I just changed the tanks out.... I would say any type of epoxy for plastic would seal the hole, just make sure that all the oil residue is gone so the epoxy will adhere...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.