Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the oil pump that is driven by the love joy is leaking. Can it be rebuilt? Anyone have a service manual on it? Hopefully this is my last leak.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a breakdown of the hydrologic pump in one of my files. Is there a rebuild kit available or should I put in a used replacement and take a chance that it doesn't leak? What is the cost of a used pump?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I pulled the pump off and found that there was an o-ring on the nipple of the return side that has the J hose is on. I soon realized that the nipple was loose. So I pulled it of and noticed there is an indented ring on the nipple where it (o-ring) was supposed to be. I replaced the o-ring with a new one and inserted the nipple back in the pump. Also replaced the o- ring on the inlet side. Hope this solves the problem. This on a model 220, 1980. Here is a before and after shot. They uploaded in reverse sequence.
Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system Nickel Cylinder

Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part Nickel Machine

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also took 3/16th of an inch off each end of the J hose so the sealing surfaces on the nipples landed on fresh hose surface. The seal surfaces left a permanent impression on the inside of the hose.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I believe that hose nipple was originally a press-fit into the pump housing (no O-ring used or needed). To seal it up and keep it from pulling back out, you'll probably need to use some sort of sealer / adhesive ... something like a sleeve retaining compound would probably work good.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,528 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I believe that hose nipple was originally a press-fit into the pump housing (no O-ring used or needed). To seal it up and keep it from pulling back out, you'll probably need to use some sort of sealer / adhesive ... something like a sleeve retaining compound would probably work good.
Ray is correct, you should not be able to remove the suction side nipple from the pump housing.

Bob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I took the pump out, removed the o-ring and replaced it with hydrologic pipe thread dope and pressed the nipple back in place. Also put some on the nipple behind the seal ring. I'm hoping by clamping the hose into the pipe dope it will seal any leakage between the hose and nipple.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So my new fix started to leak after a few days. Pulled the motor again, disconnected the pump. Cleaned the nipple and port. I was told by a hydraulic hose company to use loctite red to secure the two parts. Just let it completely dry before I reassemble. It's been five days now and no leak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts