Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned up the area under the reservoir in my 4020. Maybe a bit more than just cleaned up being I replaced all the hoses, but now I notice this hex head to the right of the filter that was previously covered in muck. According to the parts diagram, this doesn’t exist. Is this a shut off for changing the filter being it heads to the reservoir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
836 Posts
On newer ingersoll hydraulic attachments the motors are equipped with a case drain. A 3rd small hose. 2 large hoses would go to your rear pto and a 3rd hose would hook up to that connection. For bleeding off excess pressure in hydro motor. Earlier models did not have the case drain in that location. Also Earlier hydro attachments did not have a case drain. I am looking for one of those to put on my 4016ps. I have a filter assy just like that without that fitting on the side sitting on the shelf if you want to get rid of that one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that’s good to know. Thanks for the thorough explanation. Although I don’t need it, I don’t think I’ll be taking the system apart again anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Jancoe,

I got one of those elbows with that connector from one of the dealers a few years back for my 4020.

Bill

·
Registered
424 Posts
On newer ingersoll hydraulic attachments the motors are equipped with a case drain. A 3rd small hose. 2 large hoses would go to your rear pto and a 3rd hose would hook up to that connection. For bleeding off excess pressure in hydro motor. Earlier models did not have the case drain in that location. Also Earlier hydro attachments did not have a case drain. I am looking for one of those to put on my 4016ps. I have a filter assy just like that without that fitting on the side sitting on the shelf if you want to get rid of that one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Just drill and tap 3/8NPT into square part of fitting, and add 3/8NPT by #6 JIC nipple. Not a big fan of NPT, but it is only a return line. Taps are cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts