Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there has been some discussion on here about the older snow casters and I got mine out for the winter I figured I'd post some pictures. It's a model E36. I just finished up making brackets so I can retire this one and replace it with a H84 as parts are just about non-existent. I had to make 2 new spout roller guides and a new chain tensioner this year so I figure the H84 will be much easier to get parts for, plus the E36 cutting edge is part of the blower shell. Anybody else have one of these? Just don't see many.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. That thing is one HEAVY old cow! Thankfully it has wheels so you can roll it around the garage! Those wheels are mounted with a carriage bolt and inside there are 4 sets of holes to move the wheel up or down 2 settings and forward/backward 3 settings. I used to have a Simplicity Broadmoor with a 42" single stage blower and I could lift that with ease and even put it in the back of my truck without much problem, but this thing is another story. The Simplicity blower was stamped sheet metal, this thing is .187" steel plate and angle irons. InTroubleAllTheTime those "wings" are mounting ears for extension wings that I also have in an NOS kit but I just haven't got around to reproducing them yet as I was going to shear the plate instead of saw it so the edges stay nice. When mother nature turns the country side white again I will have to have the wife take some videos for youtube.

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
1031d - That E36 does look pretty cool and, yes, that unit does look pretty darn heavy for sure! I like the V61s you have up front. They have to be much better than the turfs when blowing snow?!?!?! Thank you for posting the pictures. :thumbup:

Kenneth

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kenneth, I popped one of those turf tires and bought a pair if those V61's as I have them on a hay rake and really like the beef and wide deep ribs. They sure made a difference mowing so we will see how the winter goes. Still torn over filling or chaining my tires though. If I had to guess would say that caster is 200 pounds.

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Yeah, I wanna put V61s on my 222 someday. I've had V61s on another one of my LGTs for several years now and really like the traction those tires provide. I've heard nothing but good things about the V61s when plowing snow so I think you'll like 'em a lot.

200 lbs. No wonder there's cast iron wheels on that snowcaster :smile:.

Kenneth

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figure too with those 6 ply V61's on the front it will make that heavy blower or a H84 easier to lug around! I was debating on those Firestone 3 ribs but after seeing them on some other tractors and knowing how they work on the farm compared to a 4 or 5 rib it was a no brainer :wink: now to :letitsnow:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nice old blower, those were shaft drive? or No?

Were the V61's OEM on a hay rake, or had they been replaced? I'm not aware of anywhere in Canada that sells them, I'd rather buy they from my local machinery dealer if possible.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, that is a shaft drive blower. The V61's came stock on a a Krone hay tedder which was made in Sweden and I think that's where those V61's as are made also. If you search on eBay miller tire sells the tires and has specs on them maybe a local tire shop can find something with a supplier. I bought mine on eBay.

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
The picture Miller Tire uses on eBay and other advertisements is a picture of my tires when I purchased them and posted a picture of 'em on another forum on Thursday, August 17, 2006. Now, this may not be any help but I purchased my V61 from Premier Tire Terminal (PTT) in Denver Colorado allowing me to pick 'em up myself. Now, I've read others had purchased their V61 from PTT and didn't have too much of a problem. I don't even know if PTT sells V61s any more???? You could sure give them a try? Their website link is above - not much of a site but at least you can get their 800 phone number and ask 'em some questions.

Vredestein, the manufacturer of the V61 tires, is a Dutch company based in the Netherlands. Click on Agriculture then For agriculture and market gardening there you'll find the V61 and click on More Info. The V61 is measured metric as 170/60X8 which is the 16 x 6.50-8 front tire size these LGTs need. Use the "Dealer locator" to find dealers in Canada. I just looked and I see 197 dealers in Canada.

1031d is absolutely correct. The V61 is used as OEM European farm implements and Vredestein also has a large presents in the European higher end passenger cars and industry market.

Kenneth

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
oldfrank said:
Holy Crap Kbear, you have made me one happy Case owner,your last post with the dealer info made my day.
You, and everyone here, are MORE than welcome on all accounts!!!! :thumbup: Once you mount a set of these tires you'll understand why I like 'em as much as I do. The V61 is worlds apart from any all purpose use tire on the market for LGTs. I've never been one for tri-rib tires (too narrow) and turf tires are fine if your tractor stays on the turf all the time. However, the V61 is GREAT in turf situations as well. This tire doesn't tend to push like turf tires will when making sharp turns. If you use your tractor in soft or semi soft soil conditions this tire, by virtue of its design alone, surpasses turf tires by a mile - make that several miles. Regardless of how you use your tractor be it on the turf or in the garden the V61, in my opinion, is the best all purpose tire.

Hydriv said:
If I recall correctly, the 16:50's are NOT tubeless but the 18.50's are. I'm not sure if the 18:50's will work OK on the stock Case rims.
You are right on the money Tom. The 170/60X8 (16 x 6.50-8) tires are NOT tubeless whereas the (210/60-8) 18 x 8.50-8 are tubeless. I'm with you I don't know if the 18 x 8.50-8 will work correctly on a stock Case rim. The reason for the tube on the 16 x 6.50-8 is: since a metric constructed tire is being mounted on an SAE rim there is a slight difference in size between the two. The inside bead edge is ever so slightly larger on the tire making it difficult to get the bead to seat properly hence the need for tubes.

Kenneth

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thing is guys I used to buy turf or multi-rib front tires for everything but after I saw how strong and well these things steer it's the only tire I will ever buy for the fronts. My wife's Allis B-112 popped a front tire this summer and that is getting a pair too. I can turn on my side hills mowing without damage. This thing is a 6 ply tire also, perfect for front end loaders, blowers and other heavy front implements. People think lug tires on the front steer better but do they run as smooth as one of these? My index finger fits in between the ribs and they are just about as deep. No more wimpy 2 ply front tires for this guy! BTW, the hay rake I have these one has 4 of them on it and it weights around 2500# and they resist stubble damage on there very well. These are the ones I have on the front of my 195 and the B-112 is getting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220776188153?ss ... 1423.l2649

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
These are the V61s I purchased from Premier Tire Terminal in Aug. 2006. Picture look familiar :smile: ?​
[img=center:2k0hmt8r]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/kdursus/113759.jpg[/img:2k0hmt8r]
Kenneth

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.