Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3336

I agree but it's hard to tell if the seat is perfect or not. And if he sells the seat separately, he would have to go and buy a replacement. Secondly, the auction is what it is. For him to put a black seat on it for the new owner would not be in keeping with e-Bay policy. He would have to announce that he did this in his auction and then change the photo. I don't see that happening because there is no huge financial gain for the Seller here.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
From a collectors point of view I understand the interest & rarity, from a cosmetic viewpoint, not so much. On the other hand, it might be cooler on ones hams & tenderloins for summer mowing. :wave:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
In late 1983, the paint scheme changed for the 1984 model year. These are what we refer to as the Black Frame models. That is the only year where the seats were covered with white naugahyde. Many of those seats ended up being replaced when they cracked open and became ratty. You cannot buy a new seat in this colour from Ingersoll unless there happens to be a NOS one gathering dust on some dealers stockroom shelf. Finding a pristine white seat is pretty tough now that twenty-seven years have passed.

Not only was the seat white but so were the decks, tillers, blowers, blades, splitters etc for 1984 and then in 1985 it all changed back again as if it never happened. :sidelaugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.