Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right place to post this! I'm pretty tech savvy, but forums drive me nuts LOL

I have a Case 446 I think it is a 1977, my question is: Will a 20 hp Onan engine (fit) repower my, blowing lots of oil, Case 446?

Thank you so, so much for any info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Smitty

It may fit, are we talking B48G-GAO20 with a 1 1/8" output shaft a P220 or what? I have not had a 20hp Onan that was plug and play!
Please list engine tag and what it came out of it will make your question far easier to answer. Most likely there will be some modification required. If you BF is blowing oil have you checked or replaced the screen in the breather tube? That runs from the tappet cover to air cleaner assembly.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will check the breather tube? I don't know what model the motor is, I do know that there is 2 mufflers on it that run on each side of the motor. From what I gather, sounds like it came out of a Craftsman, or maybe a JD, does that help at all?
thank you for the info, I will try to get the model #

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks, I will check the breather tube? I don't know what model the motor is, I do know that there is 2 mufflers on it that run on each side of the motor. From what I gather, sounds like it came out of a Craftsman, or maybe a JD, does that help at all?
thank you for the info, I will try to get the model #
If it's from a JD you don't want it, they use a 1 7/16" output shaft. You need a 1 1/8" Craftsman's generally work, the model # will help a great deal!

Jim

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
JD would also have a single muffler. Duals were common on some Sears/Craftsman, but depends on the tractor.

Picture would also help a lot! Front and back

Ray W

1 - 5 of 5 Posts