Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group,
My newly acquired 1980 Case 446 had a previously installed electric fuel pump however I had trouble with lack of fuel to the carb. When ever I would remove the top of the carb the bowl was empty. I then raised the nitrophyl float level ever so little. Then it would flood over. I tried lowering it again, checking for interference between the float and the bowl. Then it would starve. Then I decided to buy a brass float, Today I installed the brass float but I had to remove the little spring clip that was fixed to the needle valve as it seemed that it caused the needle valve to bind in it's bore when left on. The engine runs fine now ... doesn't starve or flood minus the clip.

Question is: Is that little clip only used on the original style of float??

Waiting for a definitive answer.

Cheers,

Ron Wenzel

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
chrycotech said:
Hello Group,
My newly acquired 1980 Case 446 had a previously installed electric fuel pump however I had trouble with lack of fuel to the carb. When ever I would remove the top of the carb the bowl was empty. I then raised the nitrophyl float level ever so little. Then it would flood over. I tried lowering it again, checking for interference between the float and the bowl. Then it would starve. Then I decided to buy a brass float, Today I installed the brass float but I had to remove the little spring clip that was fixed to the needle valve as it seemed that it caused the needle valve to bind in it's bore when left on. The engine runs fine now ... doesn't starve or flood minus the clip.

Question is: Is that little clip only used on the original style of float??

Waiting for a definitive answer.

Cheers,

Ron Wenzel
Ronny Ronny Ronny Glad to read you posting again but I'll tell you now that a non mechanic such as myself would have posted before I ripped the tang. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Boomer will give you the definitive answer.

Be careful of that 446 around the222 :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Did you buy it local ?

:canada:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Stewart and Boomer,

Thanks for the replies.

I picked up this 446 in Leader SK. Leader is my parental home town. I have spent 12 weeks this year there as Executor of my late younger brothers estate. I have a lot of relatives there and I put out the word that I was looking for a 446. The country side is full of these tractors. It didn't take long and I found a nice one with a cultivator and mower. It's straight and looks good. Had to buy a new seat. I'm very happy with it and it keeps my 222 from getting lonely.

Cheers,

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.