Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 190 tractor and was able to download service and parts books off the site but am unable to access the operators manual. None of the operators manuals appear to have any files attached, just the respective headings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By reading further I see that the library is missing a quantity of the manuals, so looks like I answered my own question.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just tried clicking on the link you posted which did take me to the operator manuals section but all I can see are the headings with no links attached. Clicking on the headings for any of the ops manuals doesn't work
I noticed at the top of the operators manuals section there is a red circled statement with an asterisk that states " this section not open for further review"

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As i picked up this tractor as a non runner and was really cheap I wasn't expecting too much. Cleaned up most of the horse crap off it and spent a bit checking it out. The PO had stated it had no spark so went thru it and noted no spark at the points and no discernable movement of the points. Right away I suspected the push rod for the points was worn or worse maybe the cam lobe was hooped so pulled out the pushrod and it measured well within the required length, next put a dial indicator on the pushrod and the total movement was well over .025" so now the headscratching began. Had a closer look at the existing points and suspected the set was not correct for that engine. Orderd up a OEM tuneup kit and now had full travel to the points but still no spark! After cussing out the dogs and throwing a few tools around I had a thought, maybe a bad ground? Hooked up a jumper wire from the condensor body to the battery ground post and she lit up and runs great! Rest of it looks ok except for front wheel bushings which are on order and a 2" crack on the bottom of the transaxle which had been previously covered with some 2 part epoxy. So, will pull and strip the housing this winter and fix properly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts