Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had the Case 224 out too. Cleaned the grass, oh oh , I mean the driveway. Hehehehe. Any way, worked good, belt stayed on. Case throwers don’t seem to throw as far as my other ones, but gets rid of the snow. Might throw better with more snow. Today’s was light, fluffy and not deep.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
I found my Case does not throw as far as my 2001 Craftsman dual stage, but it throws far enough and has lasted 5x longer and is still going. :) I did the little rubber paddle modification to the center of the auger and I think that helps. If you have not replaced your chain yet, I suggest a stainless steel version. (y)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that rubber paddle modification on one of my other brand throwers, didn't seem to do any thing.

Noel

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
The chute design on the CCI's has a lot more curve to it (self limiting distance) than any other snow blower I have seen, I very seldom use the top deflector unless I am forced to blow into the wind. My Simplicity's much straighter chute almost doubles the throwing distance of the CCI. Grummy moded a long JD chute to his caster. Here is another at this link.

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,386 Posts
I tried that rubber paddle modification on one of my other brand throwers, didn't seem to do any thing.

Noel
[/QUO
I found that the rubber, from an old tire that I used helped when the very wet snow would plug up.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Registered
208 Posts
I found that the rubber, from an old tire that I used helped when the very wet snow would plug up.
Instead of just doing the 4" front piece of the auger, I used a 6" piece of rubber and wrapped each side by 1". I also coated the auger, inside housing and chute with a non-stick coating made for snow plows. Plow-Slick The slickest non-stick slippery snowplow coating I bought a small kit a few years ago and it's still going strong. It has never clogged since installing. I am not sure the shelf life, but I have enough for another coat.

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,386 Posts
Plow slick looks like an excellent product. Thanks for posting a66coup289.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use tremclad clear gloss paint on all my throwers and shovels. Works great. Might coat them once or twice a season.

Noel

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Instead of just doing the 4" front piece of the auger, I used a 6" piece of rubber and wrapped each side by 1". I also coated the auger, inside housing and chute with a non-stick coating made for snow plows. Plow-Slick The slickest non-stick slippery snowplow coating I bought a small kit a few years ago and it's still going strong. It has never clogged since installing. I am not sure the shelf life, but I have enough for another coat.
That sounds like great stuff a66coup289. Don’t if I can get that around here or not. I must ask my buddy who runs a truck repair shop. He sells and installs Western Snow plows. He may of heard of it.
Thanks for the info.
I still have not put any thing on the Case 224 snocaster yet.

Noel

·
Registered
208 Posts
That sounds like great stuff a66coup289. Don’t if I can get that around here or not. I must ask my buddy who runs a truck repair shop. He sells and installs Western Snow plows. He may of heard of it.
Thanks for the info.
I still have not put any thing on the Case 224 snocaster yet.

Noel
If you go to the website and click on shop, it has two columns for products, one for US and one for Canada. The $40 single plow kit should do 2 casters.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I’m gunna be out in the snow this weekend, so the forecasters say.
Amounts of snow for Friday and Saturday keep going up. 30cm to 40cm they are saying with 90 kilometre wind from the north. So will see what happens. Hopefully it goes away. Out to sea, so nobody is bothered with it.

Noel

·
Registered
118 Posts
In my observation, how far it throws depends on the snow, your ground speed, and the engine throttle setting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts