Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to refinish the bucket and weight box on my 1981 Case 648 loader. I went through the parts manual and FAQ sections on the site, and did a search but could not find any clear answer on which color/code paint to buy. It probably doesnt matter because my tractor has already been repainted once by the prior owner. So a perfect match is not likely, but in my mind I do intend to repaint the whole machine at some point.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The best way would be to take a part off the tractor and bring it to a Case dealer so you can compare it to the colors. Usually there are areas under the seat or where the fenders bolt to the tractor that don't get faded and will get you a good sample to match.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Go to this site.

http://www.vansicklepaint.com/

Click on the tractor paints, then "best quality", then choose the Custom Colours, then scroll down to the J. I. Case section. There is a colour chart there.

Also, go to our front page and select the History section. Find the photo with the loader depicted and click on that photo. Scroll to photo 5 of that group and compare that tractor's colour to the paint on your tractor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all. I went to the vansickle website and found the paint colors - but on my computer monitor neither color looks correct, so I plan to take a body panel or small part with me to the local Case I/H dealer to make a final decision.

Thanks again to all the contributors for the help

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
You can do that but you need to be sure that the item you are taking, still has the original paint on it. Also, paint fades so try and find a panel that has not been exposed to the sunlight. Power Tan is my vote for being the correct colour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.