Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Part number for a fuel pump, 448 18HP Onan

13K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  mikebramel 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the part number for a fuel pump for an 18 HP Onan in a 448 ? Or are there different models for different years ? It's an Ingersoll with white wheels, so that would mean it's 1983 to 1987, likely 86 or 87 ? Didn't the early Ingersoll tractors come out branded as Case ? I know that in 1988 they switched to silver paint on the wheels.......

Thanks for your help.

#10 ·
As noted, key is to know which carb you have ... with integral pump or not.

We stock and sell the carb rebuild kit with integral pump (complete pump replacement) for $57.50.

The OEM Onan stand alone pump is 149-1982, $64.10. You might find an aftermarket pump for $10-20 less, with a slightly different configuration.

Brian Hildreth
President
Salem Power Equipment, LLC

#13 ·
screamineagle66 said:
Thanks boomer - I have read some posts about switching to electric...... was wondering about it too. Is there a specific gain from switching to electric ? Or simply the decreased lag time in getting fuel to the carb ? Thanks
The electric pumps will do the job but they require wiring and take up limited space under the hood so I'm biased toward fixing the OEM pump. They are really quite simple and many have been working 30+ years without complaint. The biggest cause of damage is careless mechanics (me included) who snap off one of the hose barbs while trying to remove the fuel line.

#17 ·
I've had an electric pump for about 6 months now and it's never given me any problems.

Boomers right though about mounting it as close to the tank as possible. Mine is under the hood right now but will be getting moved underneath the frame at some point.

The 1 good thing about an electric pump is that when you turn the key on you know there is fuel in the carb. If your tractor sits for weeks at a time, which mine does in the winter, it can be hard to start.

Boomer has scolded me in the past for having my pump under the hood. :sidelaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.