Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first Case tractor, a 1985 448 with 48" mower deck. I am interested in finding other attachments and ran across a craigslist ad for a 1975 Case 446 with NO ENGINE, two decks, a snowblower, two mule "gears", one-bottom plow and an extra set of rims and tires, all for $300. http://decatur.craigslist.org/grd/2525297109.html (85 miles away)
The ad offers no picures.
My question is, will the hydraulic and chassis parts from the 1975 446 interchange and be usable on my 1985 448 as well as the attachments?

Thanks for any wisdom you all may have for me.

Mike

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Some will work. Others will not.

Here is how YOU can figure it out, all on your own.

Get the serial number of each tractor. Go to the Tech Library on this site. Choose Parts Manuals.. Then choose Onan powered tractors. Use the serial number of each tractor to locate the correct Parts Manual and then print them out. Whenever you need a part, you first get the part number from the 448 book and then compare it to the same item shown in the 446 book.

As for attachments, that is not a problem, Both tractors will accept the same snow blower and same deck. The Mules are likely for the decks. The one-bottom plough will fit on any tractor that has a sleeve hitch.

In my opinion, the offering is a bargain. Waste no time in getting it or it will be gone.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The following items would likely interchange, no problem. They might not be 100 percent correct because if the wide chasm between the years but they should work. The second thing is this. Case did change up part numbers on certain items for reasons known only to them. Therefore, a part number showing up in the 1975 Parts Manual may be different than the part number showing up in the 1985 manual. It is conceivable that the later part number is just a change-up from the earlier one. Brian Hildreth could provide you with that information.

rims & tires

trans-axle

seat

fenders

foot rests

front axle, spindles, tie rod, drag link, quadrant gear, steering wheel and steering shaft

hydraulic pump

pump mount

ignition switch, battery, headlamps, ammeter,

Snap-Fast pins and springs.

The travel/lift valve MAY work if your 85 does not have the holding valve feature. The main hose from the pump may also work but that's about it for hydraulics. The tanks are different as are the coolers and all the lines and hoses.

Front PTO clutch will work. Rear PTO valve from the early tractor will work but only if you replace the steel lines with hoses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.