Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have been on Case forums for at least five years, should be aware of Ed Beudro's site known as http://www.casegardentractors.com/. You should also be aware that a year or so ago, Ed decided to close his on-line parts business without giving any reasons. However, his old site still remains. To a degree, a void was created in the parts world for some people. I have nothing against Ed but he was notorious for not communicating with his customers in a timely fashion. If you ordered a part that Ed had in stock, it was shipped very quickly. If you ordered a part that Ed did not have in stock or you ordered a list of parts and Ed did not have one or two of them, that's where the problem arose. The customer often did not get told that the part was back-ordered and was left hanging to wonder if he was ever going to get his part/s.

OK.....that was then. And I only bring that up because it is relevant to the following. It is my belief that the site shown below is owned by Bob Myer's, a well-respected Case/Ingersoll dealer and a former contributor to the Yahoo CCI forum. Bob is a member of this forum too (myerslawnandgarden). When Ed shut down, there was considerable discussion on the Yahoo CCI site about someone stepping up and either buying Ed's existing site or starting their own on-line business. As I recall, Bob made an announcement at that time, he would do just that. Other dealers COULD have done this and one in particular did talk about doing so but backed off months later for his own...very understandable reasons. Starting up a site like this is a MASSIVE undertaking, as well as a long-term commitment because essentially you are open 24/7/365.

The new site is scheduled to open May 1, 2011 which is just a couple weeks from now. In other words, the writing was on the wall for this to be a topic anyway. Brian Hildreth is currently our resident Ingersoll dealer and he enjoys an excellent reputation for customer service on our site, as well as Yahoo and MTF. Aside from Brian, we also have Tom Hanson, another well-respected Ingersoll dealer that is a member here but Tom has apparently cut down his forum activities to just the Yahoo forum. One of the bones of contention between the Ed Beaudro and other Ingersoll dealers was two-fold. Unlike most dealers, Ed did not sell anything but parts. He had no showroom of any kind and never sold a tractor or implement to the best of my knowledge.

At one point, Ed did participate in discussions about tractor problems but then stopped......likely because of time constraints with his growing on-line business. Many site members felt that other members should support Tom Hanson and Brian Hildreth because they supported the forum with information on a regular basis. That seems like a reasonable stance, does it not? But coins have two sides and so does this discussion. While I consider Tom and Brian to be friends of mine and agree that members should support them, no one can deny that Ed's site brought something to the mix that I feel was very important.

Eastman/Ingersoll has been a massive disappointment to me and to many other people and I have been quite vocal about this every since they launched their so-called new and improved website. By and large, it is the worst piece of shit to be found anywhere on the internet when it comes lawn and garden tractor manufacturer's websites. If you disagree, then you better include a URL to a worse site in your reply. For some reason that totally escapes me is that it is not possible to go on-line and find a single MSRP for any product that leaves the Eastman plant. Ed's old site posted parts prices front and center. I know that our two resident dealers are honest but I also know that there are dealers out there that charge 10 to 20 percent more than the MRSP that the old Ingersoll company had. Ed's site helped owners to figure out whether they were getting screwed by other dealers and I welcome that happening again because it is my belief that Bob Myer's won't charge prices greater than MSRP. The site shown below has not been populated with product so far but as May gets closer, I expect that to change very rapidly. Anyway.... I just thought you might want to know about this.

http://casegardentractorparts.com/

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Competition is a good thing in this situation. I have only bought from Brian in the past and I most likely will continue to give him my money but its nice to see someone else step up and offer Case/Ingersoll parts online.

I think one of the good things about an online shopping site is the fact that anyone can access it at anytime and get pictures and prices right there on the spot. This gives the customer a better idea of what they are going to spend if they intend on making a big order. :trink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for posting the link and the background. It will be nice to have an online source for prices just for planning purposes. I am reluctant to ask Brian about something that I might not purchase for a couple of months.
Best,
Jim

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've had an account for years but I don't know when they started it. It's definitely cool.
Owning a salvage yard for twenty some years I love to use used parts but sometimes
you need to go with new and it's always good to know retail prices.
I can't even remember what we did before the internet.
It's got to be the only good thing Mr. Gore even did.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nutcase446 said:
How long has JD been doing that? I do know that it wasn't unheard of for dealers to add to the MSRP but this should put an end to that. I just can't believe that JD is ahead of Eastman with this. Gregg
The rest of the world is already ahead of Eastman by a country mile.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I was at a smaller JD dealer that that does not participate in JDs online parts program. He said the equipment for startup is over $100,000 from Deere plus monthly fees. You would have to sell a lot of parts to justify that. Gregg

·
Registered
650 Posts
ing3018 said:
Does the site run by M & D Mower http://www.m-and-d.com/Ingersoll-Case-Tractor-Parts.html?id=W49iapss count as an on-line parts source/reference? I've never found their pricing attractive, and consequently have not done business with them, but at least they have a presence on the web.

Paul
I bought a new steering wheel from them, from searching forums, their price for the at least the steering wheel for my 446 was on par for what Brian had listed a few months back and they referenced as Brian did, the same Case part number so I was confident that it would since I sound there were several variations of type and steering shaft sizes.

Didn't like the price but for something as important as a steering wheel, I didn't want to go cheap. It was $117 plus shipping.

It's a great idea to have an on-line source for parts and perhaps it will damper some zeal in those on ebay that so eager to part out a survivable GT's.

I'm just hoping that casegardentractorparts.com can work with those who have the resources to build reproductions parts like exhausts and make them available to the masses since really, Ebay isn't a good place for a seller to get their product out to the world unless a high volume is sold, between ending auction fees, PayPal fees and more recently the restrictions they have placed on shipping fees a small time seller can't make much money unless they are selling thousands of dollars a day in merchandise.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,555 Posts
Thank you, Hydriv for your posting this information!

A couple of things I'd like to mention........

I thought Ed took the bulls by the horn and started something that no one else had yet done, but....it did tick me off a bit that he was never a dealer, worked out of his house and basically b/s'd a distributor into selling him parts at dealer prices. I felt that he was taking sales out of my and every other legitimate dealers pocket. I don't know anything about his performance other than what I read in the forums, but he did sell parts and a substantial number of them.

Kicked myself in the butt for not doing it first, but wouldn't step on his toes. However, the opportunity presented itself and I couldn't sit back. It's taken way too long to get up and going but we're close and will be on-line with a limited number of parts 5/1 as promised. I hope everyone will be willing to grow with us as we have tons of parts and will add anything available as demanded.

It's not my intention to take sales away from any other dealer, I have encouraged Case/Ingersoll owners who have dealer relationships to continue them. You can't put a price on the help and advice they can provide. We need to sell some parts to survive, but our store will also hopefully be a resource as you mentioned... a quick way for a customer to check price or availbilty of a part even if they choose to order it elsewhere. Pricing will be at suggested list, I do not want to undercut anyone else (there's not that much to work with anyway), nor will prices be bumped up. If I only make 10% on an Onan part that someone orders, I make basically nothing after web store and credit card processing fees, but maybe they buy another higher margin item on the same order or come back and buy again?? It all averages out. Our site will be marketing driven, with discounts on products or shipping charges to reward repeat customers.

I know everyone may not be pleased with our web presence, but as you mentioned the opportunity was out there for everyone and no one has stepped up in the past year.

There will undoubtably be a few glitches in our system as we open and I ask everyone to be patient. I've placed a few test orders and everything looks good so far but I am still trying to integrate a real-time inventory system into the shopping cart so there will be no doubt if a part is available for shipment.

Enough for now!

Btw, if anyone has a photo of their tractor on the site with full credits, please forward it to me.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your post doesn't come as a surprise Bob.

I knew about your new site months ago and I mentioned it to Jim Daenzer during a telephone chat with him a week or so ago. That prompted me to look it up again and observe your impending opening date. So I broke the story here and then smiled as it made its way onto MTF and then onto the Yahoo forum where you noticed it and posted to clear the air.

In my opinion, the owners of Case and Ingersoll tractors are in desperate need of another on-line store because the dealer network today is in far worse condition than it was when Ed ran his site. I'm sure that there are all kinds of tractor owners that do not belong to a single forum that deals with these tractors and have no idea where to buy parts because their former dealers gave up on Ingersoll due to Ingersoll giving up on them. See the thread titled "One man's opinion" on this forum.

Your biggest problem right now will be in getting search engines to find you and place your site at the top of the search list. That sir, will take some time. I don't know what Ed is going to do with his old site but if he would sell you his domain name for a reasonable price, you could use that to redirect traffic to your site. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm pleased to learn that you went ahead with this after your announcement last year. I wish you the very best with this new venture. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tom

·
Onan Master, new and used parts.
1,514 Posts
bob
good luck on your new venture.
tom, bob, and club.
you would be surprised, at the number of people that
think Onan no longer makes and supplies parts.
i' m sure many Case owners think the same thing.
thank you. boomer

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,555 Posts
Well, the first month is history at our online parts store and it's timeto thank everyone who's supported us either by purchasing, posting or by sending a personal message. The results have been even better than I'd anticipated.

We are adding to our small catalog of parts almost daily as requests pour in and so far the growth has been controllable. Orders are being filled complete and promptly with many compliments on the ease and smoothness of the purchase process. It will get better each day!!

June specials will be uploaded this weekend, please take a look to see what we have to offer and feel free to contact me with input either good or bad.

Shameless plug follows....... www.casegardentractorparts.com

Thanks all,

Bob

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bob,
I don't need to tell you that putting such a site together is a mammoth undertaking that involves countless numbers of hours. Congratulations on bringing it to where it is today. Over the coming months, I look forward to seeing more and more items being displayed along with filling in some of the holes still present. It will take some time to get the word out but I'm sure that you will continue to grow month to month once the search engines start to take notice of your daily activity.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.