Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Case 224 1975 with three point, deck, snowthrower and a MF tiller with Honda motor.

Hydraulic Pump in tractor is no good. So not sure what I’m gunna do with it. But had to have it, right.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
That’s a interesting cat 0 setup there with a MF tiller from the looks of it wonder how they ran it !!! I’d like to see of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s a interesting cat 0 setup there with a MF tiller from the looks of it wonder how they ran it !!! I’d like to see of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tiller was run by the 8 hp Honda motor. The owner made lower arms to fit the MF tiller. And made up a top link. So the lower arms are not catorgory 0. They are narrower.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas tank in rough shape. Lots of dirt in it. And gas cap was stuck on badly. So I screwed up the treads a bit. Cap is now no good. Got the key switch working and does seem to be the right one. I just put some PB blaster in the switch and it now turns over with the key switch. Have spark at the plug. Put gas in spark plug hole and didn't start. So kept trying. Had compression and would suck hand in carb when I choked it. Squired gas in carb too. No start. Any way kept trying. Finally it went. Sounded good. But just squinting gas in carb sure is not the right mixture. Then it quit. Couldn’t get it going again. But I know it will run now. So I’ll move on the the gas tank troubles and look at carb after gas tank is fixed some how. Once I sure the engine is going to run good, I’ll start looking at the hydraulic lines for metal filings.

Noel

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not much more done, been working on another brand of tractor and ran in to some troubles, of course. Fixed up the treads on the gas tank for the new cap to screw onto. Found a better squirt bottle for putting gas into the carb to see if engine will run again. Fired right up and had it running for a few minutes. Sounded great.

Noel

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little more done on the gas tank threads, and it should be use able. Still have to clean the dirt out of it yet. Cleaned the fuel lines from tank to carb today. Just blew air through them. Once I get the tank cleaned out, I’ll run fuel though the lines, to wash out any thing left. Took carb apart and cleaned it. It was not bad at all. I would say it would have run fine. Will put a new gas filter on it. Any way, moving along a little bit.

Noel

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Not sure yet JRP1. Depends if I can get a hydraulic pump installed and get the tractor operational. If it becomes useable. I will cut grass with it.
If I can’t get it operating. It may be for parts for my Case 446. Some parts may fit.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cleaned out the gas tank as best I could. Clean out the lines. Checked the carb. Took apart and cleaned. I think it would of ran any way. It was ok. But best to check. Got it all back together and runs good. May need a little adjustment here and there. Quietest kohler I ever heard. Slow idle. Any way ran it for a bit. Checked the oil. Uuuuu. Milkie. Drain it right then. Oil was clean looking when I checked it the other day. Stirred up the water I’d say.

So my next question is. How much oil does a 1975 Case 224 take. Kohler K321. I didn’t get the letters. Any way, why I’m asking is. The dip stick is not original. Some one made up this dip stick for the engine. So how do you know it’s right. I can probably find the amount of oil it takes, but wanted to show you the dip stick.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I refilled the Case 224 k321 motor. I put in 1 1/2 litres of oil. And it shows on the homemade dip stick 1/2 way between add and full. Another 1/2 litre would take it over the full mark. I’ll keep adding to the full mark and see how much more it takes.
You can also see that the dip stick tube has been modified too. Socket welded on the end. God knows what happened that they had to modify the dip stick and dip stick tube. ???? Any way, it’ll be fine. So 1 3/4 of a litre takes it over the full mark , but before the full word. So that’s should be safe.
The engine is a K321S.

Noel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
I went out and looked, but my 224's are 78 models with the K321-AS. These have the dipstick tube on the cam gear cover, not on the base like yours.

Sorry I could not help :(
Gordy

OPP's forgot one. Here's a K321-S. See the cam gear cover and the square plug. Apparently these engines just had a fill plug not a dipstick. Check the length of your dipstick (full mark) against the lower portion of the top threads of the hole.

Plug on the starter side.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rechecked the oil after running for a while and it’s just above the full mark a little bit, that’s at 1.75 litres. So if I fill to the full mark, it will be fine. That’s about 1.62 litres. Thanks guys for the information.

And got the charging working. But still have a wire to repair. And need to put a real fuse in the fuse holder. No fuse in it, but a mig welding gun tip. 8 mm wire. I think it said. Nice copper thing to make a connection. Right. ! Picture is not the one, but exactly the same.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Moved along more on the Case 224. Fixed up the wiring some. Figured out which wire goes to the lights. Lights work but used a test wire for ground, so will put a ground on the light buckets fix to fix that. Key switch was acting strangely, voltage was jumping around all over the place, so took the switch apart and fixed that. Had the engine running again and sounds good.

Noel

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Son finished up the wiring today for now. Lights now work. Just needed a ground for them to work. Quite a different light pattern from the glass lenses, just normal 1156 bulbs. On to the next step.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put a tube in the front right tire today. Greased the wheels and king pins. Wheel bearings in great shape. Starting to look for a hydraulic pump now. Need one for a 1975 Case 224, serial number 9707978.

Noel

1 - 20 of 43 Posts