Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
4,138 Posts
Can you mow with your "2 speed" deck with the engine at less than full throttle? I always thought this would be a worthwhile mod for when the grass is light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FYI and I'm confident someone will have a reasonable response why the practice is "bad" but cutting a lawn that has sweetgum ball trees will thoroughly clean the bottom of your deck. I assigned my daughter the annual scraping of the deck duties b/c she made money cutting yards with our equipment. She used a 4016 on property with sweetgum ball trees in South Carolina. She would do that yard late-late Fall and also mulch leaves. Deck came home spotless. Live in E. Tennessee and she's grown. I've been reassigned annual deck scraping duties. :confused:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Can you mow with your "2 speed" deck with the engine at less than full throttle? I always thought this would be a worthwhile mod for when the grass is light.
The idea is to speed up the deck blades RPM, so I would still run the engine at 3600 RPM. From what I read, it mows better at a higher speed much like the mowers built today.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts