Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put wanted ad on CL looking for wheel weights and possibly a pair of headlights a while back, and tonight I received a reply. The fellow said he had a both a pair of plastic wheel weights and a pair of the plastic Speakers. Now I would obviouslu prefer iron weights and a set of 777s, however if his asking price is reasonable and they'll get the job done I am not picky.

Now I know the issues with the plastic Speakers, and I will do my best to avoid them melting lol, but I know nothing about the plastic wheel weights. What can you guys tell me? What would be a good price point for these items?

Hi-Pro by the way...

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
oefveteran said:
I put wanted ad on CL looking for wheel weights and possibly a pair of headlights a while back, and tonight I received a reply. The fellow said he had a both a pair of plastic wheel weights and a pair of the plastic Speakers. Now I would obviouslu prefer iron weights and a set of 777s, however if his asking price is reasonable and they'll get the job done I am not picky.

Now I know the issues with the plastic Speakers, and I will do my best to avoid them melting lol, but I know nothing about the plastic wheel weights. What can you guys tell me? What would be a good price point for these items?

Hi-Pro by the way...
Make sure that the headlamps are from a 400 Series tractor because those are the "high altitude" units. The ones from the 200's sit four inches closer to the ground and are not the high altitude configuration.

Condition, condition, condition certainly applies with both items. Brand new lamp assemblies can be had from either of our preferred Ingersoll dealers for less than forty bucks each. All plastic lenses are subject to scratching and clouding as time goes by and both will affect how much light is being transmitted through them and WHERE that light ends up. Lenses are designed to FOCUS light. Secondly, the reflective surface on the lamp bucket degrades year by year and sometimes rust sets in. The question that only you can answer is "Why am I buying headlamps?" If all you want to do is to fill up those ugly holes in your grille, then QUALITY doesn't matter. However, if you want the headlamps so that you can see what's in front of you when it's dark out, then I suggest that you either buy new units or wait for a good pair of 777's to come along. Either way, you will be spending about the same sort of dough. For a GOOD pair of buckets and lenses complete with all gaskets and mounting hardware, I would not pay more than $40.00.

As for the wheel weights, make sure they are K-10's and not K-8's. K-10's fit 15" and 16" rims. Also watch out for cracking/breakage in the plastic. Owners often drop them during the installation. Need I say more? What is inside the plastic shell will dictate how heavy the weight is. Concrete, sand or steel shot? Price point for the weights is around $100.00 for the pair plus or minus $20.00. Again, condition, location, local demand etc all factor in. For all you know, this guy may have been trying to flog those weights for two years with no success.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I wouldn't waste money buying used plastic lenses because I have seen very few that haven't been damaged to some degree. New ones are available for $10 each. http://www.gphope.com/store/1620

It's not uncommon for the plastic on the wheel weights to have cracks and that won't affect performance BUT cracks in the concrete inside are more serious. If the bolts have been over tightened or they have been dropped hard then the concrete could be cracked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.