Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run a thread to collect PO hacks? It’s always interesting and sometimes scary to see the hacks that previous owners tried with our tractors.

Here is my latest find for such a ‘thread’:

Maybe this is a known technique, but instead of replacing seals on the PTO valve, someone wrapped sisal twine around the leaking spool. I had never seen this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
GUYS
Got to love the PO's, right
Like FORD the better ideas, not
The best way is get the right parts for the right job for the right tractor, right
Do the job right the first time it will make life a lot easier
bigman

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
GUYS
Got to love the PO's, right
Like FORD the better ideas, not
The best way is get the right parts for the right job for the right tractor, right
Do the job right the first time it will make life a lot easier
bigman
Don't forget we all went through learning phases. Sometimes we had a father or Grandfather to steer us in the right direction, other times had to figure something out on our own. weather it is what an O ring is, or that there is a site called CCI, or that there are dealers that carry proper CCI parts ;)

OH, and I have run Ford's well beyond their life expectancy with only minor repairs :p Not easy in the salt belt of MN winters ;)

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone run a thread to collect PO hacks? It’s always interesting and sometimes scary to see the hacks that previous owners tried with our tractors.

Here is my latest find for such a ‘thread’:

Maybe this is a known technique, but instead of replacing seals on the PTO valve, someone wrapped sisal twine around the leaking spool. I had never seen this before.

Ah yes. The things we've seen. Whether on a tractor, a truck or a car. You just wonder, WHAT THE HECK were you thinking.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of it is creative genius, but you really do wonder if it was really easier in the end. I guess they get the last laugh when they sell the tractor and make it our problem.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a mystery switch here. The wires weren’t connected. Probably for the headlights, but who knows.... maybe it was to defeat one of the safety switches.

3 pt hitch weld up (to be fair I probably couldn’t do much better):

I imagine most of this stuff happens on a long weekend when you just need to get stuff done before you can kick back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts