Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this seem normal for an Onan engine? The tractor seems to run ok except for the constant dead battery issue I have at the moment. The fuel filter on my Kohler has a lot more gas inside of it compared to the Onan engine. I just think there should be more fuel inside the filter while it is running

Click the image to go to the video

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had a similar issue with my log splitter, powered by an eleven horse Briggs. It turned out to be the fuel line. It was old and deteriorated, especially on the inside. It swelled up and closed off the gas flow. I replaced the fuel line and it solved my problem. I'd check that first. Then, maybe fuel pump?

Regards,
Nolan

·
Registered
894 Posts
Try loosening the gas cap and see if that will give more fuel flow. Could be a plugged cap vent. Had that on my lawnmower. Also is the filter on correctly with the right side toward the gas tank? The reason I ask is the right side looks lower then the left. If the right side or outer portion of the filter is not toward the gas tank the inside of the filter or funnel side of the filter could be filled with rust and silt.
I was just watching the video again and it looks to me the filter is on wrong. It looks like the left side were the hose connects is full of fuel and it it not making it through the filter. If so that indiactes to me the left side is toward the gas tank and the filter is on wrong and the filter is filled and plugged. I think you need a new filter and have to reverse it according to the arrows on the filter showing fuel flow.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Assuming your lines and filter are good, it just might be an air bubble. Try tilting it to vertical and see if it clears up. My Kawa does that when I run out of gas, once cleared it stays full - until the next time I run out of gas.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tractor sat all night and the filter filled up with fuel. I can't check to see if it stays like that since the battery is beyond dead and I may need a new regulator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.