Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the PPG code for Power Red? Is there one?
I can't find a cross-reference anywhere.

My painter only uses PPG (That's quirky, but it's also FREE labor :clap: ) and I would prefer not to custom mix and get it wrong.

FYI - Snotrocket posted this over at MTF. :thumbsup:

Case Paint Codes

Flambeau Red
NAPA: 99-3727-L
Martin Senour: 99-3727-L
Crossfire: 53A 3727
Dupont: 016DH
PPG/Ditzler: 70137 or 71282
Sherwin Williams: 31878 or 4035
TISCO: TP140

Desert Sand/Sunset
Martin Senour: 99-3726-L
DuPont: 75194 D
PPG/Ditzler: 81357
Sherwin Williams: 3605 or 71599
Tisco: TP580

Power Red
Dupont: G8156
Martin Senour: 99 - 4764-L
Sherwin Williams: 31874 or 6678
TISCO: TP890

Power White
Martin Senour: 99 - 8686-L
Sherwin Williams: 16090 or 9418

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Why not do what I do in such circumstances? Look up PPG on the internet and then telephone them. Either their Customer Service rep will help you or defer you to their Technical/Engineering department.

That way, you get the information from the source.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hello, just wanted to let you know, ppg has a line of acrylic enamel called omni mae-the code is 2235 rally red,ive painted several parts to a 76 224 and compared them with a 86 226 and it looks real good so far very pleased.hope this helps

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 5/13/2011 I spoke directly with the PPG paint codes department of the PPG Industrial Coatings division.
They call it Case Tractor Orange and the PPG code is 60703.
Since I am doing a refurbishment of a working tractor, and not a restoration, I am gonna go woth this.
I will let you all know how this color turns out.

JD

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's definitely close enough for a refurbishment. :thumbup:
At the local PPG dealer it came up in the computer as "Orange - AMC 1973." :crazy:

Only one of you experts can determine if it is close enough for a true restoration. :headscratcher:
If someone considers themselves knowledgeable enough and would like to make a determination, I will send a paint chip for closer examination. Let me know via PM how large of a sample you need as well as an address.
(No, I won't paint your entire tractor and send it back... :roll: )

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the 446 back from the painter this morning. :thumbsup:

You really can't tell anything from this lighting as to the correctness of the color, but I was anxious to post an update. :crazy:
Compared to my deck it looks maybe a shade too orange, but in 30 years the deck paint probably faded.

Next sunny day that comes by I will take and post better pictures.
I will have the hood decals on by then, too.

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More Pictures Re: PPG Power Red Paint Code?

From this... (taken in 2007)

to this (taken today)

Amazing what some paint will do...
What do y'all think about the color match?

John

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about the deck?

This weekend is set aside to sandblast, prime, and paint the mower deck.

So here is the question. Other than being 'just plain wrong' is their any down-side to painting the mower deck black? :shock:

I personally think it would be a nice contrast to the tractor, and it will match my new 2-stage Bercomac Snowblower. :think:
I know it's my tractor and I can do as I darn well please, but I am also thinking about the next owner (in about 30 years... :trink: )

What do you guys think?

John

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I think that you should paint it whatever colour you wish. After all, it's only paint and if someone wanted to restore your tractor and deck for show, then he'd be stripping off all the old paint anyway.

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Deck complete

Life is full of little surprises. It turns out that I did not have enough black or power red paint on hand. :facepalm:
So what I did was painted the underside with the black I had left and the top is power red, as you can see.

Et viola! :thumbsup:

It's fortunate that I undertook this project at this time.
When I took the deck apart I discovered that the internal V-Belt was no longer shaped like a V. :wtf:
It was more or less an oval shape, badly worn, and just waiting to become a problem.

Happy summer to all. :geek:

John

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.