Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of changing pumps on my 446. In my other thread I have some pics of the pump damage. My question is this. The longer pump with the angled inlet tube came from my 1977 224 with the old style metal oil tank under the battery that I got for parts a couple of years ago. The engine from that tractor is currently in my 222 after I changed the electronics over. There seems to be more room or clearance for the pump in my 222. I think it has to do with the non cut out frame in the 222 compared to my 446 with the Linemar (P series) engine. Can someone tell me if this would be a stock pump in the older tractors, or is it a replacement somewhere along the way. I am thinking (I know that sounds like trouble) that I could put this older pump in my 222 and swap the pump in the little tractor into the 446. Please advise. I will still get another pump to have on hand, but for now I could get both tractors going again, as cold weather seems to be immanent and both these tractors get winter use.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The short pump is out of my 446 and is bad. I was wondering if anyone has one like the one with the angled inlet tube on any of their tractors, or if it had been a replacement at one time. The longer one is out of my 224 parts tractor.

·
horton 20
364 Posts
That pump will work, but you have to change the tube on the suck side. Put pump in a vise twist the tube till it comes out. There is only and o ring inside. If its known to be a pump it will work. Horton20.

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
I've never seen the longer one with the angled inlet tube. It looks like a newer pump with the older angled inlet side.

Like Horton said you can change that side by pulling the inlet tube out with the a little coaxing. I held mine in a vice with the inlet side pointed up and let some PB blaster soak in for a day or so. It came right out after that.

I can't imagine wanting to change 2 pumps. Changing one is bad enough. :lol: :lol: :lol:

For anyone that hasn't done it you can pretty much kiss an entire day away from start to finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.