Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used front wheels from a junked out 446 cleaned them up and painted them and made an axle. These work so much better than the little original wheels.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Looks good. :thumbup: Seems like the original tires would leave ruts in soft ground especially when the tank was full. With those tires it should float pretty good. Gained ground clearance too. :cool:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Billygoat said:
Looks good. :thumbup: Seems like the original tires would leave ruts in soft ground especially when the tank was full. With those tires it should float pretty good. Gained ground clearance too. :cool:
That's what I was going for and it works much better. Thanks!

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Mjoe7 - I know I'm a little late responding to this thread since I did see it some time ago. I do, however, have to say that the new wheels you put on that sprayer look so much better than the originals. I'm not sure why manufactures of these type tow behind sprayers for LGT think they need to save money by going to the smaller wheels when you know it couldn't cost that much more to use larger wheels. Looks GREAT bud!!! :thumbup:

Kenneth

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KBear said:
Mjoe7 - I know I'm a little late responding to this thread since I did see it some time ago. I do, however, have to say that the new wheels you put on that sprayer look so much better than the originals. I'm not sure why manufactures of these type tow behind sprayers for LGT think they need to save money by going to the smaller wheels when you know it couldn't cost that much more to use larger wheels. Looks GREAT bud!!! :thumbup:

Kenneth
Thanks. The difference in how it rides is day and night. I was given that sprayer to me by my Pastor since someone gave him a bigger nicer one. I used to cut the church lawn and so the sprayer was kind of a bonus. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.