Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use a 210 to blow snow? If so how did it work? Since my 224 is looking to pretty to hook my snowcaster too I'm thinking of using my 210 for snowcaster duty before I molest it for tractor pulling next year. Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that I'm asking instead of hooking it up and trying it because the engine currently needs a rebuild. I was going to wait till spring but I got to thinking I might just go ahead and do it now if it would work good enough.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
A 210 will blow snow just as well as a 220 will. However, you will be kept busy shifting gears and raising/lowering the blower. If all that arm exercise doesn't worry you, then get going on the rebuild. :sidelaugh:

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,500 Posts
There's a bit of a difference in performance due to the lower horsepower of the 210 vs. the 224 as well as the lack of hyd. lift. If the 210's engine is in need of a rebuild you'll have to take it pretty slow to keep the rpms up.

Bob

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
chllngr528 said:
A little arm exercise will be better then a lot of lower back plus arm exercise
I hear that brother. I was thrilled last year when my brother handed me down his little MTD blower. I was unthrilled when the Tec had 2 lbs of compression. I was going to buy an entry level walk behind this year but I spent on my money on Christmas presents for Hilda.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal about the armstrong lift. My 220 doesn't take nearly the effort that my dad's 1250 cub did. I've used my 38" snowcaster on my 220 and I didn't think it was bad at all.

ByCo

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I wouldn't say that we make a big deal about having Hy Lift instead of the Armstrong Lift but you have to admit that using the Hy Lift is faster and nearly effortless by comparison. And after all...... isn't Hy Lift one of the bells and whistles that come with owning a hydraulic drive tractor? It's sorta like having power windows for the first time. You wonder why you have been hand cranking all those years. :lol: :trink:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes, the Hy Lift is nice, but if my Hy Lift tractors laid down on me I wouldn't hesitate to put the snow cast on one of the Armstrong tractors. With a 210 I'd be more concerned about the amount of shifting but that would depend on the lay out of the sidewalks and such. At my place I do quite a few forward reverse direction changes.

My 210 is still in pieces waiting for warm weather and more money to get it back on it's wheels and presentable so I haven't used it yet. Hopefully it will be together sometime next summer. Next winter I'll put the snowcaster on it and give it a whorl just to see what it's like. :cool:

ByCo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.