Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i pull the bolts for the rear hitch will tranny fluid be drained? Wanting to build a 3-point hitch for this but not ready for a fluid change right now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Though I do not have a lift valve as yet, I started on the 3-point today! Hoping one shows up soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it normal for these to have a HI speed reverse? I have to idle down real low and just bump it into Rev. as it is super fast. That's in low range too.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,387 Posts
KennyP,

Forward and reverse speeds will typically be the same, although there was a time when travel control locators were designed to limit speed in reverse.

Bob

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then there is some type of problem here. Forward works great, it's slow in the detent but speeds up nicely after that. Just reverse goes to full speed even in it's detent. If there is an issue with something I hope it's the TCV as I need a different one with the lift spool.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the fast Reverse issue, could the shifter linkage be part of the issue? Possibly moving the spool in reverse to allow more fluid to pass causing faster movement?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to work in the front this time. Making a front weight bracket in anticipation of finding a lift valve that will work. Seen one on ebay for $300, they can keep it!
Made a bracket to fit existing structure.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Adding to this for my 40 lb lead suitcase weights.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Hood Automotive exterior Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
This is a simple 40 lb. weight.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Set up a paint table for things. Got a coat of Rust Reformer on everything.
Plant Road surface Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
536 Posts
Great job on the 3pth! And the front weight bracket too. Those weights in the last picture, are they from a tiller?

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
I would recommend adding a stiffener brace to those long arms near the holes that slide over the pins. Here is a picture of a mower mule I modified. Without the blue pipe, the arms would flex to the center and fall off the pins.

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
That mower mule mounts to the deck to stiffen it. I chose the pipe as the holes and pins were badly worn. What's not really visible is the ends of the pipe were beaten down for a close fit on the pins.

Caster mule from 3 digit CI.

Caster mule from 4 digit CI.

The mule for the push blade is a little different, but I don't have a picture of that. A peace of flat stock or angle should be fine near the holes for the pins.

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Valve is ready as far as the travel side. Got the handle made up for the lift side. Just need hoses for the 3-point cylinder.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Mode of transport

1 - 20 of 29 Posts