Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen I have my beautiful 4016 and thoroughly enjoy rolling the lan with. I have a JD 345 and I currently cut the lawn with her due to every pass with her the the grass looks absolutely awesome. I really wanted to cut the lawn with my 4016 but the lawn looks like ASS, why is this happen. Woody

· Registered
560 Posts
Gentlemen I have my beautiful 4016 and thoroughly enjoy rolling the lan with. I have a JD 345 and I currently cut the lawn with her due to every pass with her the the grass looks absolutely awesome. I really wanted to cut the lawn with my 4016 but the lawn looks like ASS, why is this happen. Woody
They mow beautiful so there is something up with yours. Are the blades on upside down? More common than you would think. Is it the correct deck for your model tractor whats the deck model? Are the blades sharp? Belt not slipping in the deck or the drive belt? ANy pics or video by chance?

· Registered
887 Posts
You want max rpms set to 3600. Obviously worn blades I'm sure you've checked. Worn mule drive linkages will cause belt slip. Setting the deck leveling adjustments will make a difference. I have a rm48 deck and I changed my center pulley to a rm38 center pulley. Speeds up the blades for a nicer cut.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

· Registered
54 Posts
You want max rpms set to 3600. Obviously worn blades I'm sure you've checked. Worn mule drive linkages will cause belt slip. Setting the deck leveling adjustments will make a difference. I have a rm48 deck and I changed my center pulley to a rm38 center pulley. Speeds up the blades for a nicer cut.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I have went thru 2 of the rm38 pulleys on my rm48 deck, both times the welds broke and the pulley separated. Love the higher rpm's, but the pulleys don't last.

· Registered
1,464 Posts
Something is definitely wrong as the Case/Ingersol decks cut way better than any JD I've seen. Much better than my 455 for instance. Maybe a pic of the setup would help us. One common mistake for new Case/Ing owners is not knowing the deck wheels should be on the ground with the lift pin in the middle of the lift bar slot. If that's the situation, the deck won't follow the ground contours and cut just as bad as the rest of them!

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gentlemen thank you for your responses you have made my day. I Truly love my 4016 and cannot wait to get things dialed in. My deck is the 44 and I tried sharpening the blades myself but with my brain injury I’m sure I Fudged up somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts