Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first tractor an 87' 444 (field find I brought back to life) went to a good home a few weeks ago so I just had to bring friends home for the lonely 80' 448 I'm now working on rebuilding. :grin: I had two 446's (74 & 76) follow me home tonight along with a white 48" deck, a second 48" deck, wheel weights, and a R82 snowcaster.

I like the desert sun 74, albeit a tad rough but I should be able to get her breathing again by the weekend, then she'll be ready for snow duty with the 48" caster while the 448 is rebuilt. Not sure what I am going to do with the 76 yet, it is in pieces but all there. I won't part it out, so maybe a follow up project to the 80 448? I just can't bare to see a good tractor go to waste.

My question; I've never seen an R82 snowcaster setup before but read a fair amount about it last night so I understand why the difference now. I have a 48" for my 400 series so won't need this one. Would it be better to do the mods to make it fit the 200 & 400 series, or sell as is? What's a fair price either way or would it be about the same?

Thanks for your help.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,273 Posts
The R82 was built for the yard/lawn tractors ... the 110's, 1012's etc.

The hard working parts are pretty much all the same. The tractor mounting is completely different.

You would need to come up with a snowcaster mule drive, then add lift pipe, and some fabricating to the framework to accept the lift pipe. Could be a fun job, if you are in to that.

Either way, it is likely to only bring a few hundred dollars of resale, if in average shape.

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.