Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Curtis, your tooth count is a lot different than mine was but the previous owner had converted it to run on a 444. I looked for the driven sprocket tonight but didn't find it. I did find the sheave that was used with the belt drive. Hopefully I can find the stuff taken off Saturday afternoon.
Ya thought that when i got it dug out and checked it............Curt

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
10 gpm at 2800 is 0.825 cu.in. Is it a SAE A mount with 3.25" pilot?
It is already mounted to another motor, ready to go. I worked at a paper mill, and the guy that was head of forklift shop, set it up. He also had the machine shop turn metal for a adapter to mount it. It is one a old JD skidstear Onan engine. I think it also a 24 hp NH-MS/2259C engine. But i think it is a A mount, just that i didn't have a adapter for the Onen engine so they made one. .......Curt

·
Registered
430 Posts
How many engines do you have?

That sounds perfect to me. Do you know the pump part number and make?

The only problem I can see with increasing the pump size is the ground speed will increase. Since snow blowers don't need a lot of tractive force, I think you'll be Okay, perhaps you could install a flow control to limit max speed. You could also put a 400 series tractive drive motor on your 200 series axle. Don't know if tires will interfere with slightly longer motor. Anyhow, I would try it out before worrying about the ground speed.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I will have to look at the pump, the rotation was changed for Case configuration, and top port was drilled for big return, form tank. See if i can get the number in a day or two. ..........Curt

I just have the 2 Onan and one single 14 Kohler

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi Curt, I suggest you go with that 10gpm @ 2800rpm pump; it seems good. If the pump is good for 3000 psi, the engine will stall before using up all the hydraulic power. That's good!!

I suggest you get this motor:

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...ami-2-5MB25R-R55S3-Hydraulic-Motor-9-8915.axd

The only negative is that it has a spline shaft, which is slightly harder to deal with than a straight keyed. I would also suggest you get this coupling;

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Power.../7-8-13T-Splined-Coupling-163-1413-1-1392.axd

Or, for a little more money, you could get a 13 tooth flex coupling half, like this

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Power-Transmission/Shaft-Couplers/3-Piece-Flexible-Jaw-Couplers/7-8-13-Tooth-Splined-L-110-Jaw-Coupling-Half-1-3423-13.axd
Of course you will need the other half and insert, if you go this route.

Here's some math;
Pump to hyd motor ratio .825 cu-in to 1.53 cu-in therefore 1.85:1 reduction
Sprockets ratio 12 to 26, therefore 2.16:1 reduction
Total reduction 4:1
Therefore at engine speed of 3600, Hydraulic motor speed will be 900
900 rpm on 15" blower is 3534 fpm; a bit fast but most likely you'll run your engine at 3300 rpm, plus there will be about 10% volumetric loss at full pressure, which will give a hydraulic motor speed of 742.5.
742.5 rpm at blower will be 2914 fpm; should be perfect!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
KOOOL! Thanks, all that will be still cheaper then the tiller motor i was going to by. Will get that stuff on order.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but was looking at the pump and it sits offset on the mount. Remember turning it just a slite to drill new bolt holes, as didn't line up with the old case holes. so thinking it bigger then a A mount. .........Curt

·
Registered
430 Posts
Looks like there's an adapter on the engine, and the bell housing mounts to the adapter. Shouldn't be a problem if was machined inline.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Gas Electrical wiring

Those motors are good quality too, I bought one myself, cheaper than wholesale.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
$150 for this one, come out of JD skidder, said it was losing power. He bought a new Honda and put it in, i cleaned it up adjusted valves, run fine. Big old beast all cast iron, should give a lot more ballast for steering.

Yep all machined by pros at the mill were i worked, had it all set to order a new pump, and fork lift mechanic found this one. I will order new sprockets and chain this summer, maybe even bearings. Thank you so much for all the help........Curt

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.