Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
I wonder what brand/model of transaxle they used on these? I often observe the JD, Simplicity, et al. guys debating the merits of one model hydrostat over another. In any case, it would be a great mowing :mowlawn: and snowblowing tractor. The turning radius on these is pretty small, per the Ingersoll literature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,272 Posts




THIS IS A REAL NICE INGERSOLL LAWN TRACTOR IN VERY GOOD SHAPE. IT IS A LATER MODEL. I WAS TOLD THAT IT IS ONLY 3 OR 4 YEARS OLD BUT I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE. IT HAS HYDRO FOOT CONTROLLED DRIVE. IT IS EQUIPPED WITH THE MODEL 44 DECK WHICH CUTS 46 1/2 INCHES. THE TRACTOR ALSO HAS CRUISE CONTROL. THE TRACTOR HAS JUST BEEN SERVICED WITH NEW ENGINE OIL AND FILTER... NEW FUEL FILTER AND THE BLADES HAVE BEEN SHARPENED. IT MOWS REAL NICE. TIRES ARE ORIGINAL AND ARE LIKE NEW. THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE AN HOUR METER BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN USED HARD OR ABUSED. THERE IS PAINT PEELING IN SOME PLACES BUT NOTHING REAL BAD.

I WILL DELIVER THIS TRACTOR TO YOU FOR A FAIR PRICE OF $1.75 A LOADED MILE.

I CAN STORE THIS TRACTOR UNTIL SHIPPING OR PICKUP ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE.

I CAN ASSIST IN SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT TO COME SEE IT, FEEL FREE TO EMAIL OR CALL ME.

570-573-1076

THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK BIDDING!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
ing3018 said:
.... The turning radius on these is pretty small, per the Ingersoll literature.
shouldn't it be pretty easy to tighten the turning radius on just about any Case GT?

1. grind down the turning stops on the front spindles.
2. Attach the drag link closer to the kingpin/vertical spindle shaft. Requires a little more force on the wheel to cause the spindles to turn, but the spindles ought to be rotated farther before you run out of teeth on the steering gear.
3. Combine it with "poor man's power steering" and you might offset the need for increased steering force.
4. You might just finish with tighter turning radius for about the same force exerted.

Or am I off?

Bob
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bobneumann said:
ing3018 said:
.... The turning radius on these is pretty small, per the Ingersoll literature.
shouldn't it be pretty easy to tighten the turning radius on just about any Case GT?

1. grind down the turning stops on the front spindles.
2. Attach the drag link closer to the kingpin/vertical spindle shaft. Requires a little more force on the wheel to cause the spindles to turn, but the spindles ought to be rotated farther before you run out of teeth on the steering gear.
3. Combine it with "poor man's power steering" and you might offset the need for increased steering force.
4. You might just finish with tighter turning radius for about the same force exerted.

Or am I off?

Bob
I think that you may have misunderstood ing3018. Turning radius on Case GT's has been a source of complaint and he was trying to point out that these models have an improved ability to turn tightly.

However, I think that your suggestions are certainly valid for the 200/400 series. It has been mentioned in the past about removing 1/8" from each steering stop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
bobneumann said:
ing3018 said:
.... The turning radius on these is pretty small, per the Ingersoll literature.
shouldn't it be pretty easy to tighten the turning radius on just about any Case GT?

1. grind down the turning stops on the front spindles.
2. Attach the drag link closer to the kingpin/vertical spindle shaft. Requires a little more force on the wheel to cause the spindles to turn, but the spindles ought to be rotated farther before you run out of teeth on the steering gear.
3. Combine it with "poor man's power steering" and you might offset the need for increased steering force.
4. You might just finish with tighter turning radius for about the same force exerted.

Or am I off?

Bob
Yes, all those suggestions will make improvements to steering performance. In my case, with a power steering tractor, the hydraulic steering cylinder limits the travel of the right side front tire when turning right. My cylinder was rubbed by the tire, causing the wheel to stop turning when it hits. I have adjusted the linkages to eliminate the rubbing. So, my left turning radius is better than for right turns. A slightly wider stance front axle would be a possible help for this, but a 4000 series front axle beam might lift the front end too much. On the other hand, a couple inches more ground clearance for mowing and garden work would not be a bad thing.

Paul
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ing3018 said:
A slightly wider stance front axle would be a possible help for this, but a 4000 series front axle beam might lift the front end too much. On the other hand, a couple inches more ground clearance for mowing and garden work would not be a bad thing.

Paul
Maybe so but that change in height would also affect the way your mower deck works. Both Series use the same Mule bracket and deck harness but the adjustment for the ground clearance change comes by way of the brackets welded onto the frames of the tractors.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top