Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had several people ask about my rear weight bracket so I thought I'd post some pics of how it was made to help you if you want to build something similar or if your just curious about it.

I used a piece of heavy angle iron and a section off an old weight lifting barbell. I also used slightly longer mounting bolts.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: Rear Weight Bracket I built. Works for 200 or 400 series

That's a handy design but I would add a support to fasten to the transaxle in order to reduce the stress on the two bolts going through the frame and into the transaxle. When the rod is filled with weights you could bend the bolts or, worse, crack the transaxle case.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Bart said:
That's a handy design but I would add a support to fasten to the transaxle in order to reduce the stress on the two bolts going through the frame and into the transaxle. When the rod is filled with weights you could bend the bolts or, worse, crack the transaxle case.
Good idea, but a person can "over design" it to. I've had several hundred pounds on it and with grade 5 or better bolts it don't budge even with me jumping on it.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hydriv said:
If you make up a measured drawing and a parts list for it. We could put it into the new "PLANS" section. :thumbsup:
I would be honored Tom. I will do that and let you know when it's done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.