Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm not sure about you guys but I for one appreciate having rear work lights for working later hours in the summer. I've been thinking about putting a set on my '73 222 but space is limited to say the least. Making space even more sparse is the fact the rear PTO takes up a lot of that space. Now, I'm not one to drill holes in fenders or any sheet metal just to mount a light so that's out of the question. By not pokin' holes in my tractors I like the fact that my additions are removable so I can return the tractor to it's original condition should I so desire. No, I'm thinking of some sort of bar or bracket I can make to mount those lights on. "Lights" meaning I like to have two lights instead of one. At first I thought about mounting a 1"wide by 1/4"thick flat bar stock to the underside of the seat that extended past the seat on each side by say 8 or 10 inches then mounting the lights to that but that doesn't seem like the way to go. I really didn't want to lift the lights each time I lifted the seat.

Do any of you like or have rear work lights on your Colt, Case or Ingersoll LGTs? If you do how did you end up mounting those light(s)? Do you have any thoughts or suggestions about how to mount rear work lights? Any pictures you could share?

Kenneth

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Harbor Freight has inexpensive magnetic trailer lights that you could just set on the fenders when you want to use them. If you can find some clear lenses for them you'd be set. The other thought I have is to get a work light and make a bracket so that you could attach some magnets to it.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Consider removing your existing rear reflector or tail lights and fabbing a mount that fits in recess. Removable and no holes visible when stock reflector is replaced. Factory p/n C42155
(tail light protector) is available to guard light and wires from tire thrown debris

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99flhr said:
Consider removing your existing rear reflector or tail lights and fabbing a mount that fits in recess. Removable and no holes visible when stock reflector is replaced. Factory p/n C42155
(tail light protector) is available to guard light and wires from tire thrown debris
Tractors such as mine don't have tail lights or reflectors.

Kenneth

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
KBear said:
99flhr said:
Tractors such as mine don't have tail lights or reflectors.

Kenneth
Randy is an elitist, I'm afraid. :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
128 Posts
make an H bar with the one side as long as your fenders with lay it sde ways and bolt it were your rear panel bolts to your rear end make it out of heavy flat stock and sqaure tubing should be stout enough for a couple lights

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a flashing red LED light fixture on the back of my 448 which I use after dark when blowing snow. The unit clamps on quite effectively with the use of three 1-inch rare earth magnets, even with rough treatment. Just a thot.
Troll

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you ALL for the compliments on my 222. I really like this little dude - pretty cool tractor I think and it's in my favorite Case colors too. It's not a show tractor I make it work around here.

bigplow - I like your idea of an "H bar" but again the rear PTO sure makes doing something like that much more difficult. In the first picture below notice how close the seat is to the PTO bracket? I don't know, I may end up abandoning the idea of having rear work lights.

troll - Won't magnets scratch the paint off when dirt gets under the magnet and the vibration of the machine rub the paint in the location of the magnets????? One of the reasons I've resisted using any sort of magnet was the idea of just what I mentioned rubbing the paint and leaving magnet marks where the magnets rubbed the paint with abrasive dirt.

Kenneth

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
KBear said:
. It's not a show tractor I make it work around here.

Sure fooled me on that one :clap:

- Won't magnets scratch the paint off when dirt gets under the magnet and the vibration of the machine rub the paint in the location of the magnets?????
I think we just disproved your 1st comment :sidelaugh: Sorry :oops:

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
99flhr said:
KBear said:
. It's not a show tractor I make it work around here.

Sure fooled me on that one :clap:

- Won't magnets scratch the paint off when dirt gets under the magnet and the vibration of the machine rub the paint in the location of the magnets?????
I think we just disproved your 1st comment :sidelaugh: Sorry :oops:
:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Just because my tractors work hard doesn't mean they need to look like it to prove it. I take care of my equipment of that there's no doubt. :wave:
Kenneth

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.