Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured as long as the decks were off the tractors due to the recent hydraulic pump swaps, I might as well replace the bearings in my little deck. I finally found out why the deck was eating belts like crazy. The pulleys were all bent. Someone must have had the notion to change bearings sometime in the past and couldn't get the pulleys off. They were all loose and pinched in several spots. The belt would always jump while the deck was running. Took a while to remove the woodruff keys. They must have been in there since Moby Dick was a minnow. I really had to work them to get them off the shafts. Now I will get a new belt on the way home from work tomorrow and see how it goes. Just turning the shafts by hand, they are SMOOTH. Then put the deck and bagger back on the 446 and start the fall leaf patrol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wurkenman -

Did the same thing as you in late spring. Mechanically went through my deck, replaced bearings, woodruff keys, shims, etc. Put it back together and the first time I ran the deck, I was surprised at how quiet it was. With new bearings and everything properly adjusted, those decks really operate smoothly! You'll be happy you took the time to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.