Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a recommendation for replacement wiper blades? :headscratcher:
Part number from parts manual is NLA from all known OEM parts dealers.

The one I have (or what's left of it anyway) is stamped ANCO but no model number. It's 12" long and it may not even be OEM. :think:

I have ordered one of these http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/S-D-411114-1/Sea+Dog+14#readmore and I will let you all know how it works out :fingerscrossed: , but I am still interested in what others have used...

John

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
That hook style is pretty common, I had that on my F-150. I would think any good auto parts store could match it up.
Perhaps you could get away with just a refill if you can't match it. It's not difficult to shorten one.

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I knew might be the case, the $5.00 Chinese made replacement blade was a bust. So flimsy that I wonder how it survived shipping. :sidelaugh: The boys down at NAPA are trying to match the original ANCO blade for me and they will have some possibilities in stock tomorrow. :fingerscrossed: I'll let you know how that turns out.

Bart said:
Do yourself a favor and install an electric wiper kit. I use AFI but there are other brands available through marine suppliers.
Got an AFI part number or a web site for me, Mr. Bart? :trink:

John

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
k0jdd said:
Bart said:
Do yourself a favor and install an electric wiper kit. I use AFI but there are other brands available through marine suppliers.
Got an AFI part number or a web site for me, Mr. Bart? :trink:

John
Here is the item number for a kit on ebay 250698135668. This is like the one I used but you may want to spend some time searching on the net and you might find a better deal. There are other brands and any should work fine for your application. I bought mine for about $50 new on ebay but I haven't seen them that cheap recently. You want one with an 80 degree sweep and make sure you get a matching arm and blade because sometimes they are sold separately. The major differences between different brands/models are the sweep (80 and 110 are standards), how waterproof they are, whether they are self parking and how big of a blade they can handle.

Here is a link to a used one on Amazon that may be a good deal.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.