Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why must you call people names as you have often done. It is no wonder that this forum has gone to the crapper, who wants to be treated as inferior to you, HYDRIVE. Shame on you.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Well Herm, I guess this is your way of breaking the ice. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

I call things as I see them and what I see happening on e-Bay these days disturbs me greatly. I felt it was time to speak up about it. This forum is about OPINION as well as dispensing help and information. Here, you are free to disagree with my opinion. Let's both see what others think in the thread you are referencing.

What I find rather interesting is this. You have been a member of this site since January 6, 2011 and all you have managed to date are 4 posts, two of which are criticisms. I sent you a PM over a year ago and got no reply. I consider that rude. As a well-known collector

http://net-port.com/~kruger/

of Colt and Case tractors, you have not stepped up and offered a single piece of literature or information to help improve the Tech Library and yet you come and read here all the time.

If you truly feel that this forum has gone into the crapper, why are you still here? Have you contacted anyone in ADMIN about your feelings previously? The answer is no. So.... I'd have to say SHAME on you, Herm. As they say, if you are not part of the solution, then you are just another part of the problem.

One more thing... no where in that thread did I call anyone a name. If you want to take me on, get your facts straight first.

·
Registered
633 Posts
When did the forum go to the crapper? :headscratcher: I, for one, really like it here. What I like most is there is not a bunch of drama and infighting among members, unlike many forums I frequent. And while I don't agree with everything posted here, I take it with a grain of salt and chalk it up to everyone being entitled to their opinion. I know if I need advice on a technical matter related to my Case, I can post a question here and get several, detailed, intelligent responses, often within minutes of it being posted. That is rare, for any forum, and I feel fortunate to be a part of it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
spiritofT90 said:
Why must you call people names as you have often done. It is no wonder that this forum has gone to the crapper, who wants to be treated as inferior to you, HYDRIVE. Shame on you.
I take offense to your comment about this forum "going to crap". With a total of 4 post in a year, please explain to me and the members here why you feel this forum has gone to the crapper? We have just a hair over 1500 members here and yet you are the only one to complain. If there is something that you feel is "not right" about this forum then you are MORE then welcome to PM a member of the staff here or make a public thread in the Help & Feedback section.

I personally think that you are just offended by the opinions of another member here because quite possibly, one or more of the ebay links posted was yours. If I am wrong then I apologize but I see no other reason for you to chime in here with your comments. There is no need to sugar coat things here as we are all grown adults. If you have a problem with something here then let us know through the correct means. (PM).

DO NOT bad mouth the forum in an open forum!!!

If you do not care to help this forum grow then by all means turn around and walk out the door. Dont let it hit your ass on the way out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have to say while I have only had a few posts and only been on here a short time compared to most this is one of the most drama free forum's I have seen yet. I now log in and look every night. I have been a member of a certain yellow and green site for years. While I did not post much there at all I was on it every night. Now I do not even bother much now after watching how some members have been treated. In fact I am kind of getting away from the yellow and green. I will always have my round fender 110. But after having the 646 and a 6018 the JD garden size tractors do not even compare. And I can log in and look without the drama. Just saying...

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
jalexander4,
I want you to know that threads such as this one normally do not exist on this forum. The decision to leave it up was made by me and I apologize for doing so but I felt it was important to air this publicly. Rest assured that we will keep a fairly tight rein on what transpires here. You also need to know that it is highly unlikely for you to see a repeat of this sort of thread again.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The staff here highly encourages our members to be open on their opinions about this site and how it is run. If there is an issue that a member has and they do not address it with a member of the staff then we will not be able to either change it or correct it if need be. It just bothers me that a member our of forum here, who has been here for a year now feels that the site has going down hill since he signed up BUT has not come to any of the staff here with his opinions in that years time. Now let me also say that just because someone has a problem with something here doesn't mean the staff will just to attention and change it to suit that members' needs. The issue will be brought up in the admin section and we come up with a solution...if need be.

We can't please everyone but we will try to make this place as comfortable and drama free as possible. spiritofT90, I highly encourage you to contact a member of the staff here and explain in detail why you feel the site is going to the shitter in your eyes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Personally I was a little bit turned off by the post. While there are some, ok many wrongs on ebay, in the end it is ultimately up to the buyer to do his/her homework and more power to the person who finds the sucker that will overpay for something.

We all cheer for the guys who get a sweetly cheap deal on a tractor due to the seller being uneducated on the true value of their product, but do we tell that seller they aren't getting their money's worth and pay them more?

Both are the same, someone is trying to make a buck which I know I am guilty of trying to do.

I like this site logging in regularly, posting infrequently because I can find 90% of the info I need without posting. I like the upbeat playful, yet helpful nature of this site and surely hope it continues forever. So guys keep ribbing each other and helping the newbies like me, lord knows I need help :crazy:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Being one who has found great deals on E-Bay from a few great sellers (that have not listed items for sale for quite along time) as well as some pretty darn good deals from Joe and others, I have also paid a bit too much for a couple of items because I was very new to the world of CCI and was not as informed as I should be. This site has helped me to become a much more informed buyer.

I agree with Hydriv on his commentary of the e-bay listings and also agree with and thank Nutcase446.

Everyone on this site should remember to check with Brian H (and other CCI parts dealers) because quite often new parts are available for a lot less than one would think.

Joey

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on the topic. I wish that more people would do that. Just because I say something on the forum doesn't mean that members cannot disagree.

You are correct when you point out that the coin has two sides. I also agree that buyers need to do their homework first and that was one of the messages I was trying to send with that thread. When it comes to the issue of Seller's prices being well below true market value, there can be a number of reasons for that.

As an example, last summer I noticed an ad in Kijiji for a portable genset. They were asking $1000.00 for it. I took a shot in the dark by writing and offering $500.00 cash the very next day providing the motor ran OK and that the generator produced power. To my shock and amazement, they wrote back and accepted. I made the one hour drive and came home with a low hour unit that was about three years old and cost them $2600.00 to purchase . They had it for backup power for their detached home in a very nice upscale subdivision in the country. The house was sold. They had moved out. They were offering to sell me all sorts of other items still in the house because they had no room in the townhouse they moved to. I was the only one who showed an interest in the genset and they wanted it gone so they did not have to move it.

Did I take advantage of them? I don't think so. They knew what they paid for it. They exposed it to the buying public to no avail. I solved a problem for them. Now, I have a 13 HP electric start Honda GX powered 6500 watt dual voltage genset for a mere $500.00. That solved my problem too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
First, I see no reason why this needed its own thread when it could of just been posted as a reply in the eBay thread, it seems to me that it was only done in this manner to lure the dramallama out of the barn.

That said, I love this forum and I thank Bill for directing me here. This is far and above a great technical forum, a fun off-topic forum, and an all-around good site with a very positive user base.

·
Registered
190 Posts
:goodpost:

I also agree there are 2 sides to the coin. I see nothing wrong with this thread. It has helped me see both points of view and has also educated me in some way as to what not to buy or at least what to look out for when making a purchase. There will always be differences in opinions. I enjoy the fact that everyone has one and that you can freely express it here.

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
To the group here, some people just don:t get it. this is the best coltcaseingersoll site on the internet. Hilda hit the nail on the head about the ebay thread. Alot of stuff is junk but you need to do the research to know what you are buying. Keep up the good work.
Thank you, Bigman

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
This thread was started on the 15th of this month.

Here we are, three days later and yet.. the OP has remained totally silent even though he has been on this site every single day since. Why is that?

Why is it that someone who is very well-known in the Colt, Case and Ingersoll collecting community would come and read at this site on a regular basis but not want to participate in whatever way he can? Is it because he believes that the site is beneath his assistance? If so, then is it not logical that the site is also beneath his time to come here and read? Or is it because he just can't seem to separate the site from me and allows his dislike of me to keep him from helping other members? If so, is that logical? Is it reasonable? Is it fair? After all, I am just ONE of three partners who own this site. What about them? Don't they matter? What about the 1500 plus members? Don't they matter? Why utter statements saying that the forum has gone in the crapper and not provide proof? Isn't that just innuendo?

I also have to wonder why it is not OK for me to call an e-Bay Seller a name that I feel is befitting him but yet it's OK for a very popular TV show and a movie to exist with the name "Jackass". I also wonder why, according to Oprah, if a black person uses the so-called N-word...that's totally different than if a white person utters it. Hmmmmm. Interesting. I think that Political Correctness started out with good intentions but has now morphed itself into being a jackass. As you can see, I do have lots of questions but I don't have any answers.

I guess Herm wanted his moment of notoriety on this forum and I have not interfered with that even though the tone of this thread is against our policy. We allowed Herm's words to remain intact on the site for all to read and comment on because we prefer that such issues are aired publicly even though we know that most members find them distasteful. There's a fine line between censorship and good moderating practices but fine lines are difficult to walk. We don't like to see such criticism being displayed on the open forum but we are not above receiving it, either. Will uttering such criticism land Herm in trouble with us? No....it won't. We would have preferred that he made his feelings known by way of e-mail or PM but since he did not, we simply dealt with it openly.

What more is there to say?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
On a serious note, every so often a member comes on board and throws a hand grenade, that's gonna happen. For me personally, if I don't like a board I just go away. If I did have an issue with someone I would communicate through pm, unless I had a complete dis respect for the Forum and it's membership, then I suppose I post it for all to see.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.