Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the really nice weather we have been having in the uk I thought it was about time I found a replacement hydraulic return hose as I have been using heater hose and the oil has rotted it and has gone pop on start up twice in 6 months.

The hose I found on eBay was 3/4 inch water/oil/fuel/compressed air high pressure hose and it looks good (photo below)

Now all I have to do is try to soak up all the oil from the garage floor!

only problem i had was that i couldnt use the original case hose clips as the wall of the hose is quite thin

pipe fitted

first time out of shed this year

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hydriv said:
Keep your eye on that stuff. I don't know how well it will stand up to heat. Oil temps can exceed 200 F when the tractor is working hard in warm weather.
thanks will do

im hopeing it will be ok because for 5 or 6 years i had a simular hose on it but did not have the string in the wall and that lasted untill the hood felt like rubbing through it

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CASE 220/4 said:
Do you have any local hydraulic shops that would sell you a small section of the correct hose for this application?
Yes we have one that I know of that mainly sells bearings but it's the other side of town and eBay was on my iPod so I was a bit lazy really! but I thought it would do the job

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Well, just keep an eye on it make sure the clamps stay tight. Dont over tighten the clamps and make sure the hose doesnt run on the hood. I had that happen to me two winters ago and found out the hard way while trying to plow a foot of snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.