Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it will be VERY slow going at first but I intend on restoring this beauty.So far none of my other projects have made it but this one will.I was given this by my father so I intend to see it through.I am the third owner.My Father bought it from a friend who got it back in 1976.It was used for the usual gardening duties as well as keeping the place mowed.I have the original books and the warranty registration from the original dealer.I looked up the owners name in the local phone book and to my delight he was still around.He didn't remember much about it till he saw the photos of it.He recalled the black hood and fenders but could not remember if it had "Demonstrator" on it.You can see in the photos I have where someone scraped the decals off the side.Anyways,I hope to make this one nice ride.I plan on taking my time with it.Thanks in advance for any info and help I get along the way

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
If there is any chance of you not following through with this restoration, then I suggest that you just leave it the way it is. Your tractor is an early 73. Someone has repainted it flat black by the looks of it but perhaps the paint is badly deteriorated from UV exposure.

If you are serious about the restoration, then you need to find another pair of fenders and a hood that are correct for the serial number spread of your tractor. Your hood should have a carriage bolt in the center a few inches in from the rear edge. The later hoods do not have that bolt, catch and cross-brace. Any 200 Series hood from that same production date will work. You should have Speaker 777 headlamps with the glass lenses. Be careful with these as they are long obsolete.

The silly stack has got to go. Finding the correct muffler or something close to it will be a challenge. Once again, the correct parts manual is your best friend and it can be found in our Tech section. Maple Hunter should be able to assist you with the correct decals for the new hood and to replace the Kohler engine tag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hood and fenders are faded.It has never been repainted as we had asked the previous owner.I plan to locate another hood for it.I have located the tractor that is one serial number digit earlier than mine and it to is a demonstrator.It belongs to a gentleman in NE Alabama.I promise you I will do it right.i do not like to pray and spray.Just the pray part.The stack will be leaving and if I have to I will make a muffler for it.Thanks for the help,Richie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel this is one of those loaded questions like "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" LOL.Yes it matters because if I was just going to spray paint it and throw some decals on it,what is the use in redoing it?I want it to look like it rolled off of the assembly line.Not because I want to sell it but I take great pride in trying to do things right.This will be my first full tractor resto and I have a really good starting platform.I already have a spot in the attic for the hood and fenders.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The reason I asked is because you only mentioned seeking out another hood for it in your previous post. But since you are intending to store the original hood and fenders in the attic, then you are on the right track.

I agree that you have an excellent platform and a proper restoration is the best way to go. If you fail to do a meticulous restoration that duplicates exactly what it looked like when it left the factory, then you will dramatically hurt the value down the road. If a collector is forced to take your tractor apart in order to correct the mistakes you made, he will take that into consideration when deciding what he's willing to pay you for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I might just do that.Definately going to redo the exhaust.I have to tighten up the steering,replace some bushings here and there,get lights working and some other little things here and there.I may just do a complete overhaul on the 222 my dad has and push this to the back of the shed for now.I would like to eventually redo it and I promise it would be done RIGHT.Thanks for all the comments,Richie.

·
Registered
60 Posts
BushBoneYard said:
19richie66 said:
I could always paint it green and yellow :sidelaugh:
That aint funny mister.

Looking foward to the restore.
BushBoneYard,

Where on earth did you get one of my baby pictures? My moms gots some splaining to do ..... :headscratcher:

That's where the "mister friendly" business started. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

mblust :gums:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.